Parents Excalibur Cup anyone?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blackie6

Proud Parent
This is not confirmed yet because they are checking to see if they can squeeze in our gym, but we may be doing this meet Feb 19-21 in Virginia Beach. It will be a long haul for us but thinking about doing it as a family weekend. No pressure, it is after our L5 States meet. Anyone do this meet and/or going??

Dd's old gym (before we moved) usually goes to this meet. Well run and fair. They often have an Elite qualifier, so it attracts some good gyms. If you wanted you could see some great gymnast competing.
It is also a qualifier for the Nastia Liukin Cup this year.

Our gym goes, but only L7s and up. We live in Virginia Beach. If you decide to attend, let me know! It's held at the convention center - large venue - and has elite competitors as well and it's fun to watch some of the upper level sessions.

Meg

Well, I am writting out the check tonight & going to ask about hotels so we can start booking something. Should be about 5-6 hr drive for us. This is last minute so I hope something is still available. Never really been outside NJ (except one NY meet) so not sure how VA scores/judging is. I have heard that MD is tough judging wonder if that extends south too, LOL

Swiftli, my DD is a L5 and will be turning 9 soon (2/8) so would be in with the 9 yr olds for this meet.

Meg, I am turning in a check tonight so as far as I know it's all systems go. Any insight into VA judging? I have also heard it was a nice meet with some upper level gymnastics worth seeing, Elite! Can't wait.

Blackie, how cool! We won't be going to the meet ourselves because dd is a L5/L6 and only our optionals are competing but we might make an exception to come see you and your dd compete! Lily has done several L5 meets this year and the judging has been a mix. The only event I've seen universally judged hard is vault. I don't think the judging is as hard around here as it is in MD.

As for hotels, the venue is near the Oceanfront resort area so there are loads of hotels. You should be able to find something pretty easily this time of year.

It would be fun to meet some CB'ers!

Meg

Meg,

That would be AWESOME to meet up at the meet. Although I don't blame you if you just want to stop in and poke your nose in without staying for a whole session. The L5 meets seem longer, or maybe it's just me after the L4 novelty has worn off, LOL

Ok, not a good thing about the Vault..my DD is barely getting over although she surprised us once with an 8.65 this season. Floor is killing us too. I know they've been taking her aside and working those leaps on floor and beam. We'll see how that is working in 2 weeks for states.

This is Meet is after our NJ State meet, and our first official travel meet, so we will be in relaxation mode by then and just looking to improve for next season. DD is going to repeat L5 next year and we are happy with that. Her team except for 1 is all newbies. She always needs some extra time to work on the little things.

The prelim schedule shows L5 on Sunday. Have no idea about sessions yet but I will keep you posted!

We won't be going to the meet ourselves because dd is a L5/L6 and only our optionals are competing but we might make an exception to come see you and your dd compete! Lily has done several L5 meets this year and the judging has been a mix. The only event I've seen universally judged hard is vault. I don't think the judging is as hard around here as it is in MD.

As for hotels, the venue is near the Oceanfront resort area so there are loads of hotels. You should be able to find something pretty easily this time of year.

It would be fun to meet some CB'ers!

Meg

My DD is lvl 6 -8yr old. We are traveling with some of our lvl 5 friends so we just might be attending the lvl 5 sessions as well.

Blackie, we will definitely try to meet up with you. We can check out the competition for States! LOL! My dd's best vault this season has been an 8.05. She is really struggling. This should be a fun meet for you guys since State is over and it's just for more experience. With luck, the weather will be decent too.

Lily is repeating Level 5 this year, though she will be doing two Level 6 meets including one the weekend before Excalibur Cup. Not sure what's on tap for next year - either Level 6 or possibly Level 7.

Swiftli, hopefully we can meet up too if you are able to attend the L5 session.

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back