Excercises for Broken foot?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ava flipz

Gymnast
Ok guys, I broke my left foot about a month ago, and I am now allowed to put weight on it (with a boot). I obviously can't do gymnastics, but my season starts in November and I need to be as prepared as possible. My parents don't want to pay for me to be in the gym if I can't do anything, which makes sense. Do any of you have good ideas for arm, core, and back exercises that don't involve much weight bearing? I also need some good stretches because my flexibility isn't great to start with, not to mention more than a month off. I have a pull-up bar, resistance bands, dumbells, a treadmill (that I can't really use with a boot on lol, a panel mat, and a tricep dips sort of thing bar I don't know what it's called. Oh and wrist weights. My mom is really into working out. Thanks for any suggestions!

P.S. I have a doctors appointment in 9 days so maybe, it's not likely, but maybe, I'll be out of this boot.

For abs, look up single ladies/ uptown funk ab workout. It's a workout on music, but it can give you some ideas. Also if your gym has a wall bar, you can do leg lifts or around the world (move your legs in a circle while hanging)

For arms you can do pull-ups or pushups (I always cross my injured foot over my other)

For your back, well that is part of your core. Supermans and stuff like that are also good for your back.

For flexibility, try oversplits. Make sure you do a proper warmup though (I would always do running with the rest, but either hop around on one leg or use my crutches. Later on, I also rode a bike)

I would say you can probably do bars, but who am I? Your doctor has to clear you for that.

Also make sure you wear ankle weight on your other foot to even out the weight of the boot. Otherwise, one side of your body will grow a lot stronger.

Thank you so much! My doctor has cleared me for bars, but my parents don't want to spend a ton of money for me to go to the gym and do bars without dismounts and conditioning. I will check out the abs video for some ideas. Also, the ankle weight idea is great, I've already noticed that my uninjured leg is a lot stronger now. Thanks again!

Thank you so much! My doctor has cleared me for bars, but my parents don't want to spend a ton of money for me to go to the gym and do bars without dismounts and conditioning. I will check out the abs video for some ideas. Also, the ankle weight idea is great, I've already noticed that my uninjured leg is a lot stronger now. Thanks again!
Remember your parents are not just paying for bars and conditioning. They are also paying to make you feel part of the team. Maybe your gym will offer discount if you only come a part of the hours.

Jard.the.gymnast,
I am a high school gymnast. We practice as a team November- February. During the off-season, I train at a local gym with girls from other high school teams. If it was gymnastics season, I'd be in the gym every day. My parents have already worked out a deal, since the new session is 8 weeks long (it's been 3), they are only paying for 4 weeks. I couldn't really navigate the gym on crutches anyways. Hopefully I'll be healed up and ready to go in a month!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back