Parents Excited about the season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

txgymfan

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Optional season is about to start for many of our members. What are you and or your gymnast excited about in the new year or season? Compulsory season has just finished, what skills are your gymnasts ready to train hard?

Vetran parents, please join in about your hopes for the new season or your own goals for the year.

In terms of gymnastics, I’m excited to see the new Olympic team. Who will make it? What will Simone dream up next?

DD (Xcel Platinum) just got her back tuck (her coach will likely still spot for several more weeks), and it's exciting. The first gym - where she was preteam - when she was 4-7 y.o., really drilled it into me that she was too slow. No quick twitch. I heard it every week. Even if they let her on to their level 3 team, she'd never be successful, etc. Every time she gets one of these skills it's so exciting to me. Who writes off a gymnast at 6 years old? No, she's not a naturally powerful kid, but she can safely make it over a vault table, she attacks beam acro with zero fear, she's figured out the active flexibilty thing and is putting up some gorgeous 180ish leaps, and now she's flipping.

Also, according to her, I should have videoed the NEXT one because she made that correction her coach is giving her and it was better. She told me that the coach said it was too long, so she asked her coach how to fix that. "And then I fixed it, Mom!" Which actually made me prouder than the skill did, because maturity and initiative and taking ownership of her journey, etc. <3 <3

Floor has always been a hard event for her (10thed to death), and between this and her new leaps and her own routine, which she does with far more precision and attention to detail than the shared ones - I am really excited to see what she does this year. First competition is coming up fast.

My gymnast still has half a season left of compulsory (started competing in Oct, state in March) so she’s in the middle of it all right now. She’s really excited to wrap up this level 4 season successfully and start training 5/6. It’s a whole new exciting world- and she has at least 10-15 floor song ideas picked out and ready to go for when it is time!

My daughter has one long season as well and competed the first couple of meets as a level 4 and changed levels during the season. She has her first level 5 meet coming up and she is just so excited. I drop her off at practice so I’m looking forward to seeing all these new skills I’ve never seen her do!

I am excited for a healthy season for my dd, both mentally and physically. I have a 15 yo level 9 (OMG). She has grown a lot and has figured out how to make her body work for her and how to control her emotions a little better during practices and meets.

DD is looking forward to making her routines during meets. It will be quite exciting when she lands her new skills in a meet! Also, having the dangling carrot of Westerns out there for a goal.

I am excited and nervous for this season. DS is a junior so he is doing all the recruiting stuff, and it is stressful. But I love watching him! He is doing lots of new skills this year that could make meets interesting lol

My daughter competed her first Xcel Diamond meet this weekend. I was so proud of her. She has had a big growth spurt and a few bumps and bruises and still powered through. I'm especially proud that she had an uncharacteristic meltdown on beam but she held it together and had a successful meet. She also handled missing her pirouette on bars, executed on her backup, and still got first. Bars are her favorite, so no matter what happens she leaves a meet generally happy if she did what she wants on bars.

I have a sophomore 2nd year level 9 shooting for level 10 next season. Her goal is to compete in college. She's hoping for some great performances this season, hoping for Westerns and anxious to start open communication with college coaches in June. We're both excited to have some travel meets near college campuses so we can watch a a couple NCAA meets and go on a few college tours.

I'm excited to see my daughter compete her very first level 4 meet. She has been dealing with some nerves (causing fears) but things seemed to click at practice this week and she came home elated that she had overcome her fear. She told me she was actually excited for her first meet! I'm also looking forward to watching her compete a bar routine that doesn't include the darn shoot through/stride circle!

She's a perfectionist at heart so it's frustrating to her that she can't always be perfect at the gym. I love how she is learning to accept this and just do the best she can and have fun doing a sport she loves.

DD had her bhs on beam lost it and has it again but has been out sick for over a week. Hoping she can get it back before her meet in January. Also hoping we can stay healthly this year she always is sick during meet season and was actually sick at her first meet. Also hoping she can increase her exit angle from her free hip as it would really increase her already high bar score :) Bars is always her best shot at a medal.

I’m excited for my kiddos first optional season. She was doing really well conquering fears and pushing herself, then we went on a 10 day vacation and then she got sick. She has been back for just a few days and her bhs on beam has taken a hiatus (she does it but is twisting sideways almost when she jumps). Mock meet is Friday and hopefully, she can pull it off. I’m also super excited to go to Olympic Trials!

My DD is just finishing up a very successful compulsory season (Level 5). She has been starting to upgrade during the season, but that will move into full force after one more meet.

She has been / will be working on casts to handstand, giants, the level 7 vaults (she has been doing drills for both the tusk and yurchenko), back handsprings on beam, r-bhs-layout on floor, etc.

Sounds like floor and vault are coming along well, but beam and bars might take a little longer — but she has plenty of time since she won’t compete again for another 12 months.

I am excited to go to meets without compulsory music!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back