Parents Excitement to share, followed by a question!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
Found out today that DD made level 3!!!!! She is so stinkin excited and I am so proud of her for working this hard and getting to where she is!!! Yayyy!!! We are still figuring out whether she'll stick with WAG or move to T&T but she's overjoyed nonetheless.

Anyway, for school tomorrow she has to bring an "interesting fact" and of course she wants her fact to be about gymnastics....so if you feel so obliged, please share your favorite fun/interesting gymnastics fact. Ready....go!

Here is my fun fact: the harder the train, the stronger they get (duh)...and before you know it, they will be stronger than you, which you would have thought was impossible. Already, my peanut can outsprint my husband in the meadow in terms of the distance of a vault runway, lol...

I am so sorry, I forgot to say congrats to her! This is huge. I remember how you weren't going to be able to have her actually do gym this summer because of the scheduling...has this changed? I hope so, because it sounds like this is her first passion. Very exciting, nonetheless, and whatever path she takes, she will feel good about her accomplishment. :)

I am so sorry, I forgot to say congrats to her! This is huge. I remember how you weren't going to be able to have her actually do gym this summer because of the scheduling...has this changed? I hope so, because it sounds like this is her first passion. Very exciting, nonetheless, and whatever path she takes, she will feel good about her accomplishment. :)
Thank you! The scheduling thing is still an issue but my husband and I have figured out ways to make it work for the summer if this is what she wants to do! Shes happy with either WAG or tumbling, so I hope whatever we do works out for the best. She constantly tells me she's proud of herself, I'm so stinkin proud of her!

Fun and super exciting fact that I am beyond proud of!!!! My daughter has asthma that has been very uncontrolled for most of her life. I was afraid it had caused permanent damage to her lungs and would hinder her ability to participate in things she wants to do (including gymnastics). The past six months, she is FINALLY much better controlled (about 1-2 ER visit worthy attacks in a season.)

Yesterday, we took her to the pulmonologist and she did the lung function test. Her pulmonologist was very impressed as when her lungs are healthy, her lung function is 138% of a typical 5 y/o of her same height!!!! I attribute a lot if it to her excercise in gymnastics and home(as well as meds of course.)

But gymnastics gives her a great, solid 4 hours if excercise a week!

Congrats to your daughter!!! I know you are very proud!!!

Congratulations. It reminded me of when my daughter was pulled out of pre-team and put on team and I was so proud of her and all the hard work she put it. Well done!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back