Father of two DD and advanced-amateur sports photographer

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymcameradad

Proud Parent
Greetings forum!

I'm father of two, DD8 who just began her first season of L6, and DD11, who is starting her second season of XS. I'm also wildly over-invested in photography equipment for someone who doesn't make any money from it, all to document the kiddos. If anyone wants technique or equipment suggestions, I'm happy to provide them.

Hi!! You need what I need but haven bought yet. Lol
A zoom, fixed aperture lens. Something you can zoom in with and still be able to keep your aperture low enough for the horrible lighting at meets.

Hi!! You need what I need but haven bought yet. Lol
A zoom, fixed aperture lens. Something you can zoom in with and still be able to keep your aperture low enough for the horrible lighting at meets.

You name a lens that is good for sports, I probably own it, and four Canon bodies to go with them. The one that works best if you have a crop sensor is a Canon-brand 85mm f1.8...quick focus and lots of light compared to an f2.8. I got mine used for $300, a third the cost of my 70-200f2.8 that seems much more common.

I'm sure Nikon and Sony have equally good glass in that range but not sure about their price point.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back