WAG Favorite March-Out?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What's your favorite march-out that a competition has had? We've had some call out individual gymnasts and spotlight them as they runout, I vaguely remember Buckeye having a big opening night party one year (not sure if this was part of their march out or not though), another gym set-up a small runway and had the gymnasts march out and line-up on that stage with a bright spotlight. What other fun ideas have you seen?

We all stand around the floor for awards, top 3 AA gets called up and we March back to the dressing rooms... Not that much creativity, although March-out is usually not combined with awards

DD attended a team meet in NY once. The girls were encouraged to wear crazy spirit wear for march out. They had a blast, the team event was also enjoyed as only team awards were given.

Marchout is not a thing in our area. After open stretch, the teams line up at their first events and salute as they are introduced.

At one meet over Mother's Day weekend, each girl held a flower during introductions. After introductions they all ran to hand the flowers to their parents. We parents were unable to determine whether the girls were supposed to be giving us the flowers in honor of Mother's Day or whether we were just holding the girls' flowers for them the same way we always end up holding their dirty socks, half-eaten snacks, etc. If they were supposed to be giving us the flowers, that would have been sweet.

JO Nationals March Out (or rather run out) is fun for the girls and fun to watch! The coaches all make a tunnel for the girls to run through. They introduce the girls by region but also by name. Appropriately nice/fun for the meet!

Not sure if anyone here has been to the Atlantis Crown in the Bahamas, but they had an entire opening ceremony. The march out was fun and loud (drums playing and MC announcing the teams). My DD led her group because she was the shortest so she absolutely loved it.

DD is headed to the Atlantis crown this season. Hope it still has a great atmosphere.

Not sure if anyone here has been to the Atlantis Crown in the Bahamas, but they had an entire opening ceremony. The march out was fun and loud (drums playing and MC announcing the teams). My DD led her group because she was the shortest so she absolutely loved it.
I had forgotten about that!!!
It was pretty much a mini Junkanoo! DD went in 2014, and I loved that meet!

Y-Nationals does a whole Opening Ceremony including all the teams marching in by state. They are told the theme in advance and can dress for the theme. They all walk across a stage in front of thousands of people.

My kid said her favorite march in is when they DON'T march in; she likes to stand by her event, salute, and get on with it. I do get this. She is excited, amped, and nervous. In her mind, why put off the inevitable, lol.

We went to the Fantasia meet in NJ. They gave the girls glow sticks etc and marched out under dim lights, through a balloon arch with everything highlighted by the glow sticks. It was very festive and funny. My DD was the smallest in her rotation and had to wear a glowing crown. She was embarrassed and pleased at the same time. Funniest pic.

We do a glow stick march in for one of our meets, and DD did one where they had them all march in with sunglasses on with a beach theme. It was cute.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back