Favorite protein bars and drinks?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I use Core Power and I love it a lot! The chocolate one tastes very similar to chocolate milk, and it's delicious.

MILK. Kids that weigh 70 pounds don't need many grams of Protein a day. Protein does not give an abundance of energy. The body prefers carbs and fat for energy. If the body must consume protein for energy it may cannibalize muscle tissue first.

My two cents.

MILK. Kids that weigh 70 pounds don't need many grams of Protein a day. Protein does not give an abundance of energy. The body prefers carbs and fat for energy. If the body must consume protein for energy it may cannibalize muscle tissue first.

My two cents.
So for recovery after practice, something like chocolate milk is great, protein plus some carbs.

We do "Super Shakes" by adding a little Whey and colostrum for the Branched chain amino acids and immune boosts. Sometimes we often add fruits and veggies, or use the chocolate whey. To me it tastes like a milkshake! I bought a GUS thermos so they stay cold.

Protein bars and shakes are major staples for DS, but it's hard to find ones he likes and when we do, he eventually gets tired of them. I haven't had much luck with the hard-core body builder-type brands, but if you have found any that are particularly good, please post. I do make shakes at home, but packaged ones are handy for practice and meets.

So far his favorites are...

Bars:
Luna Protein Mint Chocolate Chip
Fiber One Protein Caramel Nut
Nature Valley Protein Peanut and Dark Chocolate

Shakes:
Post Goodness Mocha (new one I just found)
Odwalla Chocolate Protein
Odwalla Mango Protein

Thanks!

I love the lemon Luna bars! As far as protein goes I'm a big Shakeology advocate :)

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back