Parents Favorite travel meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

RTT2

Proud Parent
What has been your favorite travel meet- or favorite local big invitational meet? We're all trying to guess what the travel meet will be this year, so the topic is on my mind.

We also liked Nashville Nights, Alamo Classic and Lady Luck.
Presidential is another big one. Disney was a great venue but the meet itself wasn't our favorite, especially for the cost.

Lady Luck was good, heard that Alamo was good. Broadmoor is nice as is Spirit of the Flame in San Jose and Classic Rock in Phoenix. I do think though that Chicago Style may have been at the top; I know, its huge and its Chicago in Feb, but was a very well-run meet.

Gasparilla is our favorite travel meet.
That's so funny because we didn't like it at all! The set up was too weird, we could hear the compulsory music from across the stadium but not our own music. The medals were cool though!

Our favorites in terms of how the meets were run and the venues were: Nashville nights, Charleston Cup, Disney, Ozone; In terms of the surrounding area, for mini-vacation - Atlantis, Manhattan Classic, Nashville

I like Chicago Style the best in terms of location of meet, its organization (good sight lines), etc. Manhattan Classic was fun to travel to, but didn't love the actual meet location, kind of grungy, no programs, very little seating and bathrooms. Locally, the Long Beach Open and Heart of a Champion are extremely well run, great sight lines, comfortable seating and terrific locations with hotels adjacent to the meet, if you're traveling to the LA area. SCEGA CA Classic is also great location (on the water in San Diego) and very well run. California Grand is also a well run meet, expensive, no programs but has the college teams participating. Would be excited if we ever got to go to Nashville Nights, and Gasparilla, always hear great things about those meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back