Parents Fears

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Elayne

Proud Parent
Hi. Well, I am new to fears. My daughter is 10 level 7. She has never had a fear. Since the time off, and starting a new gym, she is now balking at back tumbling on beam. She is now back to doing her bhs on high beam, but fearful of her connection. She will do 5, with mats underneath, them just stop all together. Her coach is aware and talking to her. She comes home crying and frustrated. As a parent, what do I do? Do I not talk about it and let the coach handle it? I’m worried she will continue to grow the fear if it continues on. It’s been about 2 months. Doesn’t that reinforce a fear? I appreciate any advice because I don’t know what to do as a parent. Thank you!!

First breathe. Lots of girls, including my own, go through this. There is nothing you can do except be supportive. I tried it all to "fix" the problem and only ended up adding additional pressure on my daughter. Just be there for her. One day, it will all click and she'll be beyond it.

First breathe. Lots of girls, including my own, go through this. There is nothing you can do except be supportive. I tried it all to "fix" the problem and only ended up adding additional pressure on my daughter. Just be there for her. One day, it will all click and she'll be beyond it.
Thank you!!!! I appreciate the support

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back