WAG Feeling thankful for a pleasant gym "break up"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
The gym that we left 2&1/2 months ago is hosting a State meet and Puma Jr wanted to go to cheer on teammates (different level) old and new this morning. Though the old gym was great to me when we left, I was still at little nervous to actually see everyone. But they couldn't have been nicer. There was big hugs from everyone, including HC and the owner, and they were all very congratulatory to Puma Jr for her recent accomplishments. I have to admit I was fighting tears a little. Though our situation is a little different since we left for a different (and "lighter") program, I still feel super lucky compared to some gym change horror stories I've heard here. Just wanted to share a positive story :)

Thanks Mrs. Puma and CTMOM for sharing. We hear so many stories here about moves not going well that it's refreshing to hear about positive experiences.

I think overall on CB the negatives come though louder than the positives and it skews the overall picture that comes through. There are tons of CBers with more experience than me (like almost everyone) so I could be totally wrong about that.

I am glad that it went well for you.

We have had quite the opposite experience with our recent move.
I'm so sorry. I know how stressed out I was with our move and I can't imagine adding negativity to all that. Hopefully it was the right move for you and things are going well now!

I'm so sorry. I know how stressed out I was with our move and I can't imagine adding negativity to all that. Hopefully it was the right move for you and things are going well now!

Thank you! It has been so great for my girl. She is making new friends and the coaches have been wonderful. She's already made progress and she looks forward to practice again.

My DD bumped into old HC at a meet (old gym was competing next session), and old HC cheered loudly for DD on vault. She was SO embarrassed, but I thought it was rather nice! It's great when you can exit with positive relationships intact.... So glad that is the case for you and Puma Jr.

So happy for you.

One of my DD's prior coaches (only 1 gym change here) will not even look at DD when we see them. Luckily now that we are in optionals it doesn't happen much.

A good coach wants what's best for their gymnasts. If I bump into a former team member, I am happy to see them and always hoping they do well.
I wish this were true everywhere. And i do believe these coaches exist. Unfortunately there is both. I have seen what you said and think it is awesome! I really do. I have also seen good coaches who arent as good of people make fun of gymnasts doing their floor routines with their new team at meets. So, it just isnt so black and white. But then again, neither is the sport.

We have had quite the opposite experience with our recent move.
...We hear so many stories here about moves not going well..

I think overall on CB the negatives come though louder than the positives and it skews the overall picture that comes through. There are tons of CBers with more experience than me (like almost everyone) so I could be totally wrong about that.

Hi, I just reread my post and saw that you had posted your message right before I posted mine. My message was not in response to yours. I think anyone should feel free to vent/share here. It's unfortunate that bad experiences are not uncommon when switching gyms. Sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant break-up. :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back