Parents Finally a Mod-Cap-Cup Meet/Brag...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

msl529

DD competed in her 4th meet of the season yesterday, and it was the first (modified) Capital Cup meet she's had all season! Finally! She was so happy about that!

Great meet for her. I saw improvements in every event, which is really the ultimate goal. Seemed like the judges were scoring a bit tough here & there, so I felt that dd worked hard for, and earned, the scores she received.

Halloween theme, they had the gymnasts go thru a Haunted House after they competed, which was fun. And they gave the gymnasts goodie bags, with which they 'trick-or-treated' at each Judges' table as they switched events. Cute idea. I always appreciate it when the host gym works hard to make it a fun & unique meet for the girls.

Vault: 9.4 (1st) :p

Bars: 8.25 (2nd) Her 1st cast above horizontal! Connected the routine! :D

Beam: 9.050 (1st) Higher amplitude w/ leaps & jumps! :)

Floor: 9.150 (1st) Big improvement in her back-extension roll! :cool:

AA: 35.85 (1st) Woohoo! :jump:

The sleepover went great. Not too hyper or too late, sweet girls.

Thanks for letting me update! :wave:

That is sooooo EXCITING !!!

I know she was happy to have the Modified Capital Cup. I am happy for her and I know you are so proud.

sounds like a fun meet.

Wow, looks like she's really settling into being a level 6. Great to hear about the improvements, she has much to be proud of.

Keep up the great work.

Can I say I told you so - I knew after watching her first meet video she would be kicking butt in no time. Congrats to her on an awesome meet :D

That is great! Glad she had an awesome meet! And getting that cast above horizontal at the meet was great! Level 6 judging is tough. She is doing awesome!

Can I say I told you so - I knew after watching her first meet video she would be kicking butt in no time. Congrats to her on an awesome meet :D
I'm glad you knew, 'cause I certainly wasn't sure how it was all going to pan out! Thanks for keeping the good vibes going for her!

Belated congrats to your dd!!! I do well remember L6 and it is very different from L5. Looks like the bars judges were ultra picky when a 8.25 is 2nd. I was so glad to see your comment about watching her improvement in the routines and not just focusing on the scores since we all know just going by numbers can be misleading. Sounds like she is peaking at just the right time and will rock the gym when states roll around!!!

Belated congrats to your dd!!! I do well remember L6 and it is very different from L5. Looks like the bars judges were ultra picky when a 8.25 is 2nd. I was so glad to see your comment about watching her improvement in the routines and not just focusing on the scores since we all know just going by numbers can be misleading. Sounds like she is peaking at just the right time and will rock the gym when states roll around!!!
Thank you!

Actually, one of the bar judges was dd's HC (the one dressed up as Popeye)! He's always tougher on his own girls at meets, which is a challenge, b/c so far he has been a judge at most of their meets! I think the 1st place score was actually in the 9's. Not her best event, but apparently not many other girls' best event either, LOL!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back