Parents Finished with gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Texasmomof3

Proud Parent
Dh and I just told a distraught dd that she is finished with gym. Her 15 year old body just cannot take it any more, and we can’t keep subjected her to repeated injuries. She can’t stop crying, but I truly think this is the right call. It just feels cruel, though.

Her life is her gym. Her friends are there. She spends every waking hour not at school either at gym or with her gymmies.

Yes. Another injury today. Out another whole season. This is three serious injuries three years in a row. Her body can't take this abuse.

I am very sorry! I hope she can work through this difficult time with your support, and that she can find something new to engage her passions.

I'm sorry. That must have been really hard for all of you. It sounds like you made the best decision under the circumstances.

I am so sorry to hear this. I remember how hard she was working this summer too. The back to back injuries are just heartbreaking and frustrating. There will be a silver lining and good things will be in her future, she certainly deserves the best.

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully once the raw emotions ease a bit she can understand how this is the right decision. Hugs to you and keep us posted!

Oh H*LL....
I am just so so sorry.:( All she had worked for, just to be injured again. I hope the injury isnt a serious one, and that she will be able to find another passion that takes her even further than her gymnastics has.
Blessings.

So sorry. Must have been so difficult with the rollercoaster of injuries. I hope she recovers quickly and find another love to fill her days, and that you all get away to a well deserved vacation to celebrate how hard you tried to make this work. All of you did your best. Hugs!

I’m so sorry:( it’s hard to lose something that’s your whole life, but she can find other interests. Maybe rock climbing? She’ll have her body forever and life is harder in a broken one

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back