Parents First "Big" Competition tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

Dd has her first "big" competition tomorrow against other clubs in the region, she is so excited, she wants to beat her score that she got in the warm up competition). Dd will compete level 1 on the Floor and Vault against other girls born the same year as her ( she is born at the end part of the year so will compete against 7 year old - she is 6). The competition goes up to level 3 ( level 1 is 5-7 year olds split into the year they are born, level 2 is 7-8 year olds and level 3 s 8 years old plus and all levels are boys and girls)

Club leotard and tracksuit is ready.
Hair style decided on.
Tickets brought to be a spectator.
Camera Ready

How exciting. Good luck to your dd and I hope the competition is all she hopes it will be.
What hairstyle have you gone with?

Good luck and enjoy yourself! Where we are there are no more comp's til next January so the girls are having fun working on their display performance!

How exciting. Good luck to your dd and I hope the competition is all she hopes it will be.
What hairstyle have you gone with?

I am going to part her hair down the middle like you would with bunches, then on each side section her hair off in 3 rows of two and plait the hair from the first section and join it to the next row down and create a criss cross pattern, I have brought little tiny fabric bows and added sew on diamonties to the centre of each bow (bow colour match her leotard) and sewed them on mini hair bands, I will put them on each hair section over the tiny rubber bands and one at the start of each plait on each side of the head to finish off ( like normal pig tails to finish off - dd has shoulder length hair).

Mum is also excited ;) and dd's older cousin is coming to watch as well.

are the 3's using the old routines?

I am not sure what routines level 2 and 3 are doing but my dd has to do this:

Vault:
Run down runway-squat on box - straight jump off to landing ( with good form)

Floor:
Forward roll to stand - straight Jump - Forward Roll to sitting Pike - lean forward - arms above head and rock back to a shoulder stand supported with hands, lower legs and raise arms above head and rock 3 times then roll to stomach keeping arms and legs raised and rock 3 times, lower legs and sweep arms around to go to front support -jump up to star jump and land ( do all with good form)

They are scored starting with 10 points and then any errors and bad form are deducted. Dd got 8.60 on vault ( didn't get to feet on vault and landed badly) and scored 8.90 on floor ( forgot about form) when she did the practice meet. She wants to get a better score this time and try and beat 7th that she got last time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back