first competition EVER

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

iamagymbabe

Coach
Gymnast
i have my first ever competition on july 19th and i'm really nervous! i really need some luck as i'll be against about 250 other gymnasts who've been doing it longer than me!!!

Good Luck!

Keep in mind that you are not really competing against 250 gymnasts. First of all, you are going to be separated into age groups. More importantly, you are competing for yourself -- to do the best you can. If you do your best, or close to it, you will always be happy with yourself.

My dd scored an all-around in the 20s in her first meet, which you will find is not that great, but she had a great time and stuck with the sport. Next month, she will be representing the United States at the World Maccabiah Games.

Last edited:
Good luck to you! Go out there and have fun. :) Let us know how you do!

Have fun!!!

Best of luck! My only goal for my first meet was to have fun. It turns out I also did pretty well too! Remember the judges are there to help you improve, not to make you nervous. My best advice is have fun. Best of luck I look foward to hearing how you did :)

I'm sure you will do fine. Its tough the first time but then it gets easier the more you do it! :D

i am guessing you are either a level 4 or 5. yes, your first comp. may be the most nerve wrecking, but you just don't have to think about the scores, judging, or placing. it is all about how you feel about the comp. afterward. hey, i just finished my level 6 year, (going into seven) and i am STILL nervous about competitions!! it is perfectly normal to feel nervous!! good luck!!!

good luck!! i hope u do really well!! and dont get nervous just do ur best!! :)

good luck:D competing is fun! you'll do great if you just have fun!

Wow, those are some great scores! 5th place !! And you said there were about 250 girls competing? That is def something to be proud of!! Congratulations! I hope you had a great time!!

Hey thats awsome ur first compation ever! just remember to have fun and be confadent in yourself thats really it

basically it doesnt matter how you do as long as you tried your best because ther will always b another chance 2 show it off

u got it i hope u do well!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back