Parents First competition of the year tomorrow :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, we're in the UK and my daughter is a floor and vault gymnast. In our county this has six levels - novice, intermediate, advanced, bronze, silver and gold. My daughter is 11 and was a 2 hour rec gymnast up until nearly a year and a half ago, when she was moved into the squad and 8 hours training. Tomorrow is her first outing at advanced level, and she is also moving into the 12-14 age group. She has a brand new floor routine with music (novice and inter have no music and perform a routine on a 'strip' of floor) and a couple of new skills - I think she's hoping her experience of performing in dance will give her the edge, it certainly helps her presentation. She will also be competing a handspring vault for the first time - at novice level they do squat on vaults, and at inter a flatback.

Wish her luck, and please send good weather fairies as we are forecast for snow tonight - if it does come, the comp will be postponed and in her eyes the world will end.....:rolleyes:

Good luck! It's always fun when meet season rolls back around and all that work in practice gets shown off.

ah, one very sad girl here...

There is snow where we live which is too deep to get the car out in (southern England is just not set up for snow..) and the club has taken the decision not to travel. But at the other end of the route, the snow at the venue is minimal, so the competition is going ahead. It's the worst case for our girls really, as the county only use the results from two comps to determine the competition levels for the following year and this is one of them, if it was postponed they'd get to compete it another day. never mind, I hope all of the gymnasts that do manage to get there have a great day :)

Aww what a shame!
We had snow too - not loads, but enough for us to cancel sessions at the gym which only happens in extreme circumstances!

We were also supposed to be going on a coaching workshop today too but we decided not to risk the icy roads at 7 this morning! We will probably lose our money, but I'd rather that than risk driving! (We really do need to become better at dealing with snow here!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back