First Competition Tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Ok i have my first competition in Level 5 tomorrow eek! freaking out just a little here as i am sick (not too bad just cold) and that mucks up your middle ear so not so great particularly for beam. I am super excited :) I am also learning to drive so will be driving there, maybe i need more luck for the driving...... :p Anyway wish me and my team mates luck :)

Wow sounds like you will have a very exciting day :). Wish you well and hope you have a great time flipping around and doing what you enjoy! Drive safe and try to concentrate on the road and not running through your routines in our head LOL. Let us know how you do.

Goodluck, Let me know how it goes (that is if you get there ;) ) Lol Sounds exciting, I have a comp next weekend, can't wait :D x
edited: oops just realized your comp is already over haha, glad you did well :D
Ok i have my first competition in Level 5 tomorrow eek! freaking out just a little here as i am sick (not too bad just cold) and that mucks up your middle ear so not so great particularly for beam. I am super excited :) I am also learning to drive so will be driving there, maybe i need more luck for the driving...... :p Anyway wish me and my team mates luck :)

Really? You're level 5? You're really good! A ROBH-BT is a level 6 skill! A back walkover on beam is also level 6. Great job on your meet!!

Gymnastjess is not quite right, Round off flic sault is a level 6 core skill but is a bonus in level 5 and same with back walkover. In Australia there are several 0.2 bonus's e.g. level 6 you can do a BHS on beam as a bonus when the core skill is bwo.

The core skills for level 5 are as follows
Bars: Glide Kip (or long kip), Back Hip Circle, Jump to high bar, Swing pullover then toe shoot or under swing dismount.
Beam: Mount, full turn, split jump/split leap + straight jump, cartwheel, handstand (2 secs) straight jump, front tuck dismount
Vault: Handspring
Floor: 2 connected flight elements, 1 flight element, Full turn, Jump full turn, Backwards roll to push up position

Bonus's in level 5
Bars: Long kip (or short kip) - basically you need 2 kips to have a bonus
Beam: BWO, Split jump/Split leap + A value jump, walkover + straight jump
Floor: 3 connected flight elements, A value salto, Backward roll to handstand (i think thats all)

Sorry, at my gym all our level 5's are roundoff-flip-sault on floor, backward roll to handstand etc... basically all our level 5's have the bonus skills :)

its ok, we all have 1 bonus skill but our coach won't let me compete my sault anymore coz im losing more than i am gaining

Hi - My daughter does Level 5A in Victoria and her core skills are a little different. What state are you in and are you in a state stream or national stream? How have your comps been going?

Hi, I am in NSW, State stream, great thanks for asking I have states in about 4 weeks, so excited, how are your daughters competitions going? :D

Hi again. My daughter's first comp is on Saturday - it has been a very long build up but it is very exciting. We are lucky enough to have the comp at our home gym. She should be very competitive on vault and bars. She struggles a bit on floor and beam because she has flexibility issues.
Good luck at States! Ours are in October. Keep training hard! Best wishes, Cathy

Hi, I am level 5 state stream and i don't want to reveal my state online but i am not in victoria so core skills are probably a little bit different

Hi again. My daughter's first comp is on Saturday - it has been a very long build up but it is very exciting. We are lucky enough to have the comp at our home gym. She should be very competitive on vault and bars. She struggles a bit on floor and beam because she has flexibility issues.
Good luck at States! Ours are in October. Keep training hard! Best wishes, Cathy
Sounds great, is this your daughters first comp of the year or in her life? Goodluck to her, I always prefer inhouse comps, I like competing on the equipment I use to train on, it makes you feel like your not even really competing. I'm quite the opposite although I am very good at vault because I have alot of power and I'm also good at beam, I have very good flexibility in my shoulders and legs but not in my back. I find bars hard because I dont have alot of strength and floor I am also fairly good at but don't get new skills very often :) thankyou for the goodluck wish, I wish your daughter luck also :)
-Jess

Hi Jess
This is her first comp this year - since National Clubs in Canberra last November actually, so it has been a bit of a long break. We are hoping for a bit of homeground advantage, but it is a huge comp - 430 girls over two days - double apparatus - State and National Levels 4 & 5 only. I think it will feel a bit different just because it will be so busy and most of the equipment will have been moved around to fit everyone in. Fingers crossed!!

oh ok, WOAH that's alot of girls, Goodluck to her, I hope she does really well :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back