Off Topic First day of Spring Track practice today for DD and DS!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The kids wanted to try something different, preferably an outdoor sport, so today is their first Track practice!! :) We have a very reputable youth track program in our area that I signed the kids up with. I told the coach that dd does gymnastics and she may have to miss a track practice or a track meet or two and he said that was totally fine. His daughter apparently does travel soccer so she misses practices and meets at times too. So, it doesn't seem like it will interfere with dd's gymnastics practices. It is a short season--March through May--so it isn't a huge committment either. I think it is good that they get the chance, especially dd, to get to experience something different than gymnastics. DD and DS are very excited to say the least!! I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Last edited:
That sounds like fun, must be nice for the kids to try out some different stuff too. Cross training is so good for kids.

The kids had a blast at practice! I ran into some old high school classmates whose kids are running in the program now--pretty cool. It makes me feel old, though!!! LOL

There must have been over 150 kids there--big turnout!! They did a group warm-up and then they broke off into ages groups and did some time trials in the 100 meter dash and the 400 meter run to figure out what events the kids are best at. It turns out that my little ds, Julian, is quite the little sprinter!! He took 1st in his heat of the 100 meter dash!! Dani did well in both the 100m and the 400m so she sd that she is not sure what events she wants to do yet.

While I was standing around talking to other parents, I met two other mothers who both have their daughters in gymnastics--one is a level 7 at an area gym near us and the other does classes at the other gym near us. I thought it was funny how within the first 10 minutes 3 mothers start talking and their daughters all do gymnastics but at 3 different gyms!! I guess gymnastics moms must be able to spot each other a mile away!!! I don't know if that is good or bad!!!! LOL

That's funny that he's good at sprinting, maybe because of the vault? I was good at sprinting because of vault, but had to stop because of knee injuries from gym haha. Hope they have fun!

It sounds like an awesome experiance for the kids and being a short season is great.Sounds like your kids will have fun doing track.I wished we had something like that around here.I think my dd would make a good sprinter.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back