Parents first day on the team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

medic3188

So today was my 7 year old dd's first day on the team. It started with a crazed phone call from my dh. My dd was at gym camp all day and never took a rest and had practice from 4-6. She had been at the gym since 730am. So I rushed out of work to try to avoid first day disaster. So I rush to the gym to talk to her before 4pm. I get there and she is bouncing on the tumble track. She did lie down for 30 minutes , supposedly. So then 4pm hit. She was a totally different kid. She was focused and determined. She got her kickover finally. The other good thing was her friend who she started gymnastics with at the age of 3 made the team with her. Very exciting.

That's sooo exciting!! I'm glad to see that your daughter's first day went so well! First day on the team is always exciting.

I was so proud of her. This was the day she was waiting for since she was 2 years old watching her aunt practice with the level 4 girls. She said she wanted to be on the team when she got bigger. She was so excited about the kickover. She has been struggling for a year with it.

CONGRATS! It is such a big deal isn't it!! Glad it went well!! My daughter was lucky to have her best buddy move with her too. You would think that all the time in the gym would make them tired but not my daughter, she is so wired after gym she does handstands til I make her go to bed. So don't be surprised if your DD is not tired, LOL! You will be shocked at how fast the skills come now too, it is amazing. Best of luck as you both begin your gymnastics journey.

What a great day for her!!! She not only had her dream of being on team become a reality, she also got a skill that's been tough for her for quite awhile. Something about being on team tends to bring out skills and new desires you never knew they had!

Congratulations to your dd on making the team and her kick-over!! I am glad her BFF is with her...I am sure that makes the fun even more fun!! That sounded weird but I hope that last sentence made sense.:p

Lots of New Skills

This week has been very exciting for my dd. She got her kickover, her straight arm backwards roll into pushup position and a cartwheel on the low beam. She is also very close to her backhandspring without a spot. It is amazing how fast the skills are coming to her. Has this happened to anyone else?

Congrats! It's exciting to hear when kids get new skills and that they are improving!

This week has been very exciting for my dd. She got her kickover, her straight arm backwards roll into pushup position and a cartwheel on the low beam. She is also very close to her backhandspring without a spot. It is amazing how fast the skills are coming to her. Has this happened to anyone else?
For both my kids, 7 seemed like the magic age when things started to come together strength-wise and in terms of coordination and the skills started coming fast and furious. It's fun.

Congrats for your dd. Sounds like she had a blast. Now you won't be able to keep her out of the gym anymore. lol

What is a kickover actually?

A kickover is when you go up into a bridge and then kick back onto your feet.

Congrats to your dd! :) My dd turns 6 today. She spent her summer (9hrs/week) in the gym. She is on the Level 4 team. I finally got to see her practice the other day and I am amazed at the progress the whole team has made. She's getting her beam dismount without a spot and finally getting her shoot-thru/mill circle on the bars. She's anxiously waiting her first meet which isn't until November! It will be a long 3 months!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back