First high school meet of my season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

FlipTwistFly28

Just wondering if people could send luck my way for my first high school meet as a freshman!:D I made varisty on three events, vault, floor, and beam, so I'm pretty proud and excited!!:p I'll let you guys know how I did afterwards. (it's this saturday!) Thanks!:)

Well lots of good luck flipping and twisting and flying at your first meet!! Do you still get to compete bars too?

sending the Good Luck Fairy your way from the parents forum !!

Very impressive that you made varsity on 3 events as a Freshmen. I am sure you will do great.

Please could you explain what Varsity is please, we don't have it in England. Thanks (and well done)

In high school sports they have Freshman, Jr Varsity and Varsity programs. Usually the athlete will start out - especially as a freshman - on wither the Freshman team or the Jr Varsity team. Varsity is the highest level team in high school sports.

Good luck at your first meet! I wish we still had a gymnastics team at our local high school. I was a freshman when it was phased out here, back in the 80's:)

In high school sports they have Freshman, Jr Varsity and Varsity programs. Usually the athlete will start out - especially as a freshman - on wither the Freshman team or the Jr Varsity team. Varsity is the highest level team in high school sports.

Many sports, usually team sports, you get assigned to Freshie, JV, or Varsity at the beginning of the season and stick with that through the whole season. This is very imporant because teams need to practice together as a team and such.

In other individual sports like gymn or track, you can often move up and down depending on your ability and other circumstances. For example, someone who runs track and is eligible for both JV and Varsity could move up to Varsity on a meet by meet basis depending on their qualifying times and such. But there are limits to this, since like you can't have a senior on the freshman team for example. And in sports with different events where they often want the "best 4", "best 5" people, etc., then you can compete varsity in some events and JV in others, much like FlipTwistFly is doing.

Thanks a lot everyone!:D I'm getting excited! We have three more practices and then its my first meet, like I said I'll post how I do later. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back