WAG First HOPES compulsory meet was today...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congrats! I was just looking up her session and looks like two of her teammates qualified too!
Fingers crossed for tomorrow, for all three of them!

She got her score needed for the compulsory qualifier (needed a 33, she got a 35.4), however she fell just a few points shy of getting her score needed for the optional qualifier (needed a 48, got a 46.150), but her coaches were actually very happy with her optional score since it was her first time at a qualifier and her first time competing in back to back meets. She tapped her feet on her pak, which cost her a point and she fell on beam on her front tuck, which also cost her a point, so if she can fix both of those and add a little more difficulty to her routines she should be able to achieve the score needed to qualify in the optional meet next month at KPAC. Keeping our fingers crossed!!!

She got her score needed for the compulsory qualifier (needed a 33, she got a 35.4), however she fell just a few points shy of getting her score needed for the optional qualifier (needed a 48, got a 46.150), but her coaches were actually very happy with her optional score since it was her first time at a qualifier and her first time competing in back to back meets. She tapped her feet on her pak, which cost her a point and she fell on beam on her front tuck, which also cost her a point, so if she can fix both of those and add a little more difficulty to her routines she should be able to achieve the score needed to qualify in the optional meet next month at KPAC. Keeping our fingers crossed!!!

Just as an FYI brushing the mat or hitting the mat with your feet is only .500.

In JO scoring or FIG scoring. I think Hopes uses FIG scoring where falls are a point and brushing the mat equals a fall.

No they are listed separately. Brush is listed as .500, feet hitting mat is .500 and then feet hitting the mat as a fall is 1.00.

I would imagine the distinction is along the same lines as the hands touching the mat vs the hands touching the mat and showing support.

No they are listed separately. Brush is listed as .500, feet hitting mat is .500 and then feet hitting the mat as a fall is 1.00.

I would imagine the distinction is along the same lines as the hands touching the mat vs the hands touching the mat and showing support.
No clue...her coach told us she tapped her feet and that it was a 1.0 deduction....

Reactions: sce
No clue...her coach told us she tapped her feet and that it was a 1.0 deduction....

According to the COP it isn’t 1.00 unless she actually fell. You can probably figure out by what you saw which deduction she received. A brush or tap where she kept going likely fell into the .500 category vs tapping her feet and actually stopping.

Reactions: sce
Here is the actual page from the code that shows the feet hit mat deduction, too:

Attachments

• IMG_0266.PNG
    IMG_0266.PNG
    417.9 KB · Views: 34

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back