WAG First JO Nationals is in the books...National Champion on Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovofu

Proud Parent
WHEW is all I can say....as a host team family we all worked so hard all weekend to pull this meet off. In the midst of the controlled chaos...Sophia competed. First was floor...gorgeous routine and a fall on last pass....I held my breath and she did a beautiful vault (Start Value 9.7) and earned a 9.275...OK better. Bars...caught her jaeger and pak but brushed the mat with her toes (not sure of the deduction) and 9.1...Last even Beam...I just wanted her to have one magic moment...and she got her moment. She was 4th from last and scored 9.675...I had no idea on other scores but someone texted...she is in first...I could hardly breathe and the last three girls did beautiful routines but her score held up. National Beam Champion! So very proud of her! I have a couple videos up on

https://www.youtube.com/user/sophiagym123

But the true meet video will come soon after I sleep a wee bit.

On to summer training!

Attachments

• SophiaNationalsBars2.jpg
    SophiaNationalsBars2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 89
WHEW is all I can say....as a host team family we all worked so hard all weekend to pull this meet off. In the midst of the controlled chaos...Sophia competed. First was floor...gorgeous routine and a fall on last pass....I held my breath and she did a beautiful vault (Start Value 9.7) and earned a 9.275...OK better. Bars...caught her jaeger and pak but brushed the mat with her toes (not sure of the deduction) and 9.1...Last even Beam...I just wanted her to have one magic moment...and she got her moment. She was 4th from last and scored 9.675...I had no idea on other scores but someone texted...she is in first...I could hardly breathe and the last three girls did beautiful routines but her score held up. National Beam Champion! So very proud of her! I have a couple videos up on

https://www.youtube.com/user/sophiagym123

But the true meet video will come soon after I sleep a wee bit.

On to summer training!
from our media person...BARS and BEAM

Well done Sophia. I always love watching her and love her beam, and can see her get tighter each time. Barely a flicker of a wobble there. I can't wait to show my DD in the morning. (UK here!)

I hope you get some pampering for all the work you put in helping out too :)

I watched the media person video btw - your original one says that it is blocked on copyright grounds as it contains material from SME. Who are they and how dare they stop me watching?! :)

Wow...my daughter and I truly enjoyed watching Sophia in your video. She is unbelievable, congratulations Sophia and your family!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back