Parents First L4 Meet Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym-mom-fla

Proud Parent
Well, we survived our first Level 4 meet! We were in Daytona, which is where my parents live, so it was especially fun for Kylie. Also really sweet, 2 of my mom's best friends (and husbands!) came along to watch her, so she had quite the cheering section!

She was the only one from her gym competing this session, so she had the coach all to herself...which I think she liked! First up floor: She was the last one to go in this group, and the scores were really low. Lots of 7's, a few 8's. She went out and looked beautiful to me (of couse) and scored a 9.15.

Next Vault, wish I could tell you how it went, but missed the whole thing, twice! They had the practice vault next to the competition vault, and while Ky was vaulting, they put a huge mat up on it side and blocked the entire thing:mad:! She scored a 9.15, which is actually pretty low for her, she's usually a strong vaulter.

Onto Bars, ah bars...this was interesting. Warm-up was way short, she had the bars for one routine and then had to compete. She started out beautiful, and then did a perfect pinwheel...and then another one:eek:! Two nice pinwheels in a row, how she got back up, even she doesn't know, but finished strong and scored a 9.1. Coach said they took off .5 for the added element, so she would have scored a 9.6, but oh well, next time!

Last, beam. She has been having trouble with the time, always going over in practice. But no problem here, she did a beautiful routine and scored a 9.45.

So, all in all, a really great first L4 meet. This was by far the toughest competition she has faced. She finished second AA with a 36.875, right behind a second year L4 who placed 3rd at State last year. We are super proud of her and can't wait for next weeks meet!

YouTube - Level 4 Gymnastics Floor,Beam,Bars

Way to go Kylie!!

Great scores and a great meet. I cant wait to get where I can watch the video, darn work firewalls.

She looks beautiful out there. I knew she would after how amazing she did at L3. Congrats to her. Glad it was a nice time for all!!

I finally was able to get to the video on my iPhone. Yay technology!!

She looked fantastic. Her Mill Circle is amazing, and twice around? Goodness, most are struggling with 1!

Midget will love getting to see this later.

Congratulations to your dd! She had an awesome first meet! I remember watching her L3 routines last year and thinking how perfectly she did everything. Looks like it has carried over into L4. She looks like a future state champ to me!

Meg

Beautiful routines! I think the floor score could've been higher but I'm sure they took off a few 10ths for the big hop at the end. Still, what a great meet she had! What age group is she in?

I think floor was low too, but you said the scores seemed low for every one. She did a fabulous job, she has such beautiful form.

Well she looked absolutely beautiful! Great routines, form!!! Her double pinwheels were impressive- she managed to maintain straight legs through the whole thing- Amazing!!

I thought her floor score was way too low. I heard it was a really tough meet. And I am glad she had fun and survived "it". Now for next weekend...
She's going to have a great season. :)

Wow, those scores are impressive... What is going on in Chalk bucket land? Everytime somebody posts the scores are 36's or 37's. Don't we have any average gymmies out there? LOL

But seriously, mucho kudos to her. That is fantastic... I hope she got ice cream after...:D:D

Sean

Janelle, it really was tough. I couldn't believe some of the scores I saw. Girls were doing really pretty floor and getting 6's, there were even some 5's, especially on floor and bars. The thing is, even the low scores didn't look that bad. It was a good experience for her. She did do two extra bounces after that rebound, so that didn't help. I see lots of robhs in her future at practice today!!

Oh, and we are in the Saturday 10:00 session for next week. Kylie is by herself (again). Do you know your session yet? Let me know!

I thought Kylie looked absolutely beautiful!! At Aloha (judges cup) a couple of weeks ago the same thing with floor. Beautiful routines really low scores. Olivia started on floor with a low 8.225 as the meet went on it was looking really good with all the 7's and 6's. I don't know....L4 is judged much tougher than L3 that's for sure. I guess higher level comes with higher expectations. I am prepping Liv for the slight possibility of repeating L4. She is not too happy about it but will hopefully come to terms with it if that what the coaches decide. I know it's still a bit early but Liv's would need some magic dust, fairies, to place with all the repeaters.

Olivia has the same session next weekend- 10am. It's her and four of her teamates the older 3 are in the later session. I am so excited to finally meet you and watch Kylie perform live. She is so amazing!! I'd love to say hi to Olaya and Abby as well. :)

AWESOME! Wow, we have a whole lot of talented gymmies here this year for L4 in CB land, LOL! My DD barely made a 36AA in her SECOND year of L4, so sounds like your DD is going to have a great season! Congrats!

AWESOME! Wow, we have a whole lot of talented gymmies here this year for L4 in CB land, LOL! My DD barely made a 36AA in her SECOND year of L4, so sounds like your DD is going to have a great season! Congrats!

That is what I was thinking, that I will be thrilled if DD makes a 36AA in her 2nd year of L4. Glad that we have some more average gymmies around here as well. Sometimes I see these amazing scores and feel like my proud parent brags are silly, but I am proud, so I will brag on, LOL.

We definitely have some amazing little L4 gymmies this year. Glad we don't have a CB meet or I am not sure mine would medal. ;)

Mariposa, Abby is AWESOME! When I would watch her vids from her first L4 season, I would think, that kid is going to be a supestar on bars. Just a little maturity and watch out! And she was doing L4 at 6, not 8, which is how old Ky is. Brag away...Abby is awesome, just like all the gymmies on here!!

Sometimes I see these amazing scores and feel like my proud parent brags are silly, but I am proud, so I will brag on, LOL.

There are no silly proud parent brags! Brag on and on and on, Mariposa!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back