Parents First L4 meet this weekend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

We are so excited for this first meet. It's a Judges Cup and it's pretty tough as fas as scores go. Olivia competed at this same meet last year. The good part is that they go 100% AA so everyone gets atleast one medal.

This is also our first meet with the new gym and I am hoping it will be a much better experience. Olivia does not seem nervous at all. She's actually pretty confident she'll do fine. I on the other hand am a nervous wreck and I am afraid there is a high possibility she'll scratch vault. At practice the mats are set much higher than she is used to and can't get over it. On the other hand it won't surprise me if she just does a great one because that seems to be her MO. She competes much better than she trains.

I will try and post her meet video soon and give my first meet report.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck Olivia!!!! Show everyone what you've got!!

Bean competes better than she trains too. It's got to be better than the other way around;)

Good luck to Liv this weekend! I am sure she will rock! They always have the vault set too high at our gym too. I guess there is some coaching reason behind it that I am unaware of. I'm sure she will do better with fewer mats and suspect that she will surprise you. I look forward to seeing her vids.

Meg

Good luck to Liv!!! I am sure she will do great ! DD has her first L4 meet next weekend, they have not put out the schedule yet - aarg!

Sending you lots of luck and hoping that you have a great experience with the new gym.

GOOD LUCK OLIVIA!

LOL, so funny, I can totally relate to they compete better than they train theory. My DD has been the same way recently! Good luck to Olivia on her first meet, I am sure she will find that inner gymnast drive for the vault! How nice they go out 100%, I think that means so much to the girls when they first start out. When my DD started at 6 she had no idea what the scores were (neither did I, LOL) and a medal even for participation meant the world!

Good luck at your first L4 meet Olivia! We know you will do great! Have fun!!!

I know that Liv will do great. Hope it is super fun for her and that she hits all her routines. Great that AA goes out to 100%, though I have a feeling Liv will medal on stuff. I think all L4 meets should give AA medals to all. Actually, at all the compulsory levels.

Abby has her first real meet this weekend, too. She is sooo nervous. I miss when she didn't care about scores or medals. Hoping she gets some sleep the night before this time. Her dad is coming home after being gone for 4 months and she is going to be super hyper from that. He will be here tomorrow sometime!! And, he makes her nervous so as much as I want him home, I hope he doesn't get her all freaked out. LOL.

Good luck to all competing this weekend!!

Good Luck Olivia...she is so going to rock! Kylie is struggling a bit on vault too, they have so many stack mats. I have no idea what the height they have to compete is, maybe that is the height!:eek: Anyway, you know she knows just how to turn it on...she will do awesome. Ky's first L4 meet is the 26th in Daytona. I'll send you a note with our comp. dates and we can see if they have any at the same place. Her Judge's Critique is this w/e, but that is just inhouse. Good Luck and post video asap!

Good Luck Liv! Can't wait to see the video !She is a very strong and powerful little girl I am sure she will pull off a wonderful vault.

GO OLIVIA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know she will do GREAT and have FUN and I can't wait to see the videos!
We have 6 weeks till our first meet of the year...also a judges cup!:)

Livy!!!!!!! I'm SO excited! My little 6 yr old sweetie pea is competing L4 - you are gonna rock it girl..... & hhm-mmmm mom, we need gym updates! Been wondering where you have been :)

Abby has her first real meet this weekend, too. She is sooo nervous. I miss when she didn't care about scores or medals. Hoping she gets some sleep the night before this time. Her dad is coming home after being gone for 4 months and she is going to be super hyper from that. He will be here tomorrow sometime!! And, he makes her nervous so as much as I want him home, I hope he doesn't get her all freaked out. LOL.

Good luck to all competing this weekend!!

Go Abbie! She is going to do fabulous!!! Can't wait for meet report & VIDS!! :D

Ahhh thank you guys! You guys are AWESOME! I love CB! I don't have much time right now to properly respond but thank you all for all your well wishes! And I will give a meet and training update on Monday(promise-nic).

Good luck to Abby this weekend as well! She's going to do great! :D

Good luck to both girls this weekend. I'll bet they surprise themselves and their parents---in a positive way:)

I really hope they don't get into the scratch thing at L4 with Liv. Unless its a safety issue, let them all give the events a try. It certainly cuts down on stress on the gymmie and her family. Hopefully, the whole meet atmosphere will kick her into overdrive and she'll hit big on the vault.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back