Parents First L6 meet tonight

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow! Great first meet. Sounds like the start of an inspiring L6 season, especially if the state you were visiting were all polished up to finish the season and she was just starting her season. Great placings! Congrats!

I was so wrapped up this weekend with coaching and help run the State meets I forgot my vid camera at home, so hopefully another team mom will bring me my MoJo's highlights. Got several still pics tho. That's more my thing anyways.

Congrats to your DD - that is so awesome !!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Thanks fm's mom:D She's super excited about it. It's going to really help her confidence going forward. We have six weeks till the next meet and the kids will get to work on perfecting their routines now that the season is finally underway.

Wonderful results, she must be so excited.

Now it is clear that she needs to do ballet before every meet, this is how meet rituals are born you know!!!

It was a great day. Her Grandma and Poppa surprised us and came to the meet. She was super excited to see them there. She was so full of joy the entire meet.

Congrats to your DD on a great meet! She did awesome. Hey and congrats to your DS! You need to have him pick some lottery numbers. Those siblings that travel and sit so nicely through these meets deserve to win something. Mine is 11 and is a perfect fan of his little sister.

That's funny. He's all over the place and has a great time playing with the other siblings. He was super proud of his sister and smiling the whole day.

Congrats to your dd, impressive scores for a 1st L6 meet. Looks like a really great season ahead :)

Thanks, I think she's going to do great. It's good to get the first one behind us. She was nervous and didn't have any great routines, but she was solid and super surprised to get the AA.

She did amazing for her first L6 meet. Wow. If that was not being prepared, watch out when she is. :D Sounds like she is really doing well in ballet, too.

Those are some great level 6 scores and like others have said, she's just starting her season, she will only improve from here.

Keep up the good work!;)

Thanks, I think she can relax now that she's got the routines and can concentrate on perfecting them. We've got five months till states so there's not alot of pressure and they can just drill routines for the rest of the season.

Wow TeamDad! Those are some great level 6 scores! Congrats to DD & your DS on the "big hauls" that they got to take home from the meet!

$26 bucks. The kid is ecstatic. He's already figured out that dollars are better than coins!

Thanks, she's really happy to get through the first meet.

Congrats to your DD (and DS too). My DD just had her first level 6 meet too. Now we parents can relax and hopefully just enjoy the meets!

She did amazing for her first L6 meet. Wow. If that was not being prepared, watch out when she is. :D Sounds like she is really doing well in ballet, too.

Thanks, it's great to finally have a meet done. It's been funny that the last couple of years she's always flipping and doing handstands and cartwheels around the house.

She didn't like ballet at all (her instructors are T-O-U-G-H). We asked her to just wait a couple of years and give it a chance before she decided whether she wanted to continue with it or not. Now, all she does is ballet around the house. She even wore her hair in a tight ballet bun to the meet:eek:

Wow! Great first meet. Sounds like the start of an inspiring L6 season, especially if the state you were visiting were all polished up to finish the season and she was just starting her season. Great placings! Congrats!

Thanks, we'll see. I think this really helped her confidence and is one to build on. She works very hard.

She's off to a super start. Can't wait to hear how the rest of her season goes. Do keep us posted, please!

WOW! Great way to start the season! You must have been in NJ, LOL, we are just finishing up the 4's, 6's and 7's & States is next month.

LOL about the 5yr and the 50/50, I think he should get some fish for that big win!

WOW! Great way to start the season! You must have been in NJ, LOL, we are just finishing up the 4's, 6's and 7's & States is next month.

LOL about the 5yr and the 50/50, I think he should get some fish for that big win!

Thanks, the meet was in Bethlehem PA but the other teams were from NJ. The chrismas lights on the lawns were amazing, what a nice town. I wish we could have spent more time there.

Ohhhh yes, that is a beautiful town. I haven't been there in many years...since my 12 yr old was about 1. We drove thru quickly about 2 weeks ago on our way home from Hershey, but didn't have time to stop.

Thanks for the videos! Wow! She did do a great job!!! She has lovely lines & form!! She pays attention to the finer details...that's what is needed to do well in L6. She will have an EXCELLENT season as a L6. I know you were questioning possibly having her score out & move onto optionals. I've heard of scoring out of L6 b/c it is so tough on the girls self esteem. But your DD is going to clean up as a L6!!! My advice would be...she spends sooo many hours practicing....let her enjoy the fruits of her hard work! She deserves some podium time with those L6 skills & she will get it(as she already has). She looks like state champ material to me:D! My DD's 2 state champ awards(L5 & L6) are what helps her through her rough patches with the sport. The self confidence & strength my DD gained while earning them, is showing through now that is a L7. There is much more to this sport than just obtaining skills. There is a huge mental toughness factor too. I think having strong skills & getting recognition for them, on the podium, is a MAJOR mental boost. Congratulations to your DD on a great meet!!! Best wishes to her, she is very talented:D.

Wow, thanks GJM, your comments mean alot to me. That's some great advice and I will take it to heart for sure. It means even more coming from someone who has gone through what we are going through now. Yes, the temptation is there to score out and move up, but as you have expertly pointed out the reasons for staying in L6 are what I value the most. Your daughter must be very talented. Good luck with your L7 season, and thanks, you made my day:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back