Parents First L9 Meet -

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

and we survived:D

Dd missed her team's first meet of the season with what they thought was a stress fracture, but turned out to be sever's:p Plenty of stretching, icing, and chiropractic appointments have managed the sever's, and dd competed last night - finally!!!

Goal was to qualify to states which is a 32AA. She scored in the upper 35's. :veryhappy:

A little bragging(because I never do it, and I'm so happy/relieved to have this meet over) - she rocked the beam!! I was worried because she dumped every big skill in warm-up which is not like her at all. But her veteran poise was back when she went before the judges. She nailed the bhs-loso, her switch leap-BT, and her lo 1.5 dismount(little step). Wobbled where - full turn, which she hasn't wobbled since L6...lol.
Everything else looked good, she got dinged a bunch on floor - and she knows exactly on what. It was her first event, at her first L9 meet, and she was first up. She admits to being nervous and holding back a bit. Still managed to score in the 9's. Vault looked decent, a yurchenko pike, layout is almost ready. Bars are her weakest event, and it didn't help that the judges were trying to correct the mistakes they made with the scoring (they had our girls out of order, wrong scores with wrong names!) She waited a long time to be saluted. Things went a little wrong, but not so bad. This was her only score in the 8 range.

Dd said this morning she is pleased with how she did, but can do better. We will see in a couple of weeks:)

What a lovely meet report and it is lovely to hear brags from parents who give so much to the forum. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely to qualify to states and be able to enjoy the rest of the meets. Maybe she can set herself some goals to work towards.

Your DD did an amazing job to score so well, qualify for states and to nail that beam routine. You both must be incredibly proud of all her hard work, especially during her injury rehab.

Bog, dd is a veteran at goal setting. She already knows what she is working on for the next meet.
The big goal, of course, is to make Westerns!!

She did AWSOME!! Brag away that's what this forum is for - Heck I brag every chance I get with DD's gymnastics this year. She is doing so much better with her new gym it's like a different kid at the meets.

Thank you all!!
I can't tell you how proud and happy I am for her. She was out most of last season with an injury. She had lost confidence in herself for some time in there as well. A combination of tough but patient coaches, lots of mom hugs, and plenty of hard work have pulled her through.

However, watching her preform her big skills made me a wreck. Luckily we have some great parents at our gym. I don't think I, for one, could make it through a meet, much less this whole gymnastics thing, without the grounding and support of the other moms (and a few dads...).

Congratulations to your dd!

Wow! It all sounds so impressive though I'm the first to admit I don't know what half those skill even are. Quite obviously lots of hard work for her to get to this point. :)

Another great meet report. I'm loving the mojo on the board lately.

Please pass along the congratulations to her - and the wishes of luck for states!

Congrats to your dd gymjoy! I hope she reaches her goal of Westerns... I know what you mean about watching the skills they do, for me it's beam especially that BHS-BLO - it gets me every time!

Congrats to your DD. She has shown great perserverance in her sport!!

Level 9 is big level and the skills are tough to watch sometimes!

You have much to be proud of.

I know what you mean Granny, beam is always a nail bitter, but it is dd's favorite event. So I do not worry too much. Bars, however, is a different story - dd's least favorite event, and those release moves and blind changes - :scared:. The gymnast has to hit her skills just right to get full credit.

Congrats to her!! Glad it was "just" Severs (and I say that meaning that I think sometimes a fracture would be easier to deal with than Severs!) and that she is working through it. She did great. Glad her first L9 meet was a success!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back