Parents First level 4 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
Here is the update on Bug's first level 4 meet. I will get video up later today.

For the level 4's they received scores that were not flashed, and also there was no placements given for either all around or events. Everyone received the same partication medal and ribbons for each event. Really a great way to start the season for the girls. There was a team placement though, and results are listed with everyone from that session regardless of age.

First up beam. Looked really good at first, but I think she was nervous. Scale was not held real long and she missed her dismount. Something that she never does in practice. Score 8.350 (23T/65)

Next up floor. This is really her best event. She looked really good out there. Feet together on BHS from my angle, she said that her knees were bent. Score 9.2 (4/65) This score was counted for the team score.

On to vault. Normally not a strong event in practice--tends to slow down on the run. Did fairly well here--somewhat pikey though. Score 9.15 (27T/65)

Finally bars. Oh boy, not her day here. Started out looking good. Straight legs on the pull over, decent FHC, then it went downhill from there. Fell back on the shoot thru, nice looking mill circle with straight leg, gets to the top, fights it, and over she goes for a second one. Score 7.60 (45/65) That was the killer of the day.

Over all she received 34.3 (24/65) with three falls. A few of the what if have come to mind, like if the falls were not there she would have possible been top 5. Oh well, she had fun and that is the main goal that we have for her.

Remember back in floor when I said that her score counted toward the team score??...............I am very pleased to report that her team came out on top in their first meet. That is all that Bug could talk about on the way home how her team took first place in their first meet. She and two of the other girls got to walk the banner back into the competition area to show the other coach that they won team.

So overall a great day was had by all. Next meet is 5 weeks away. I can see lots of shoot thrus, mill circles, and beam dismounts in Bug's future.

Barb

What a great start to the season. How nice that they won first place team - esp. since one of your dd's scores helped to win it. :)

I think you had almost the perfect meet to start her L4 season. Everyone got ribbons and no scores held up. Bug did very well and I loved that she was pleased that one of her scores helped the team-----way to go Bug!!

Thanks to all for the kind comments, I read them to Bug and her smile got even bigger. We are looking forward to meet number 2.

Barb

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back