First Level 6 meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
I have my first level 6 meet coming up on August 29th. The good thing is that there are only 16 girls in my session (levels 6 & 8). This meet is actually a mobility meet before the season starts. I am so nervous! I really want to score out of level 6 and if i do my coach told me that i can move up to level 7! Then i will have to get ready for Prep 1 in January. But the thing is, i don't really think i will score out. On vault in level 5, i got like, a 9.425...do they score the same on the level 6 vault?? On bars...i am terrible! My clear hips suck...and i tap my feet on the kip out of the clear hip and i sometimes fall on the squat on out of the kip. On beam, i guess i am ready, i am just inconsitent, and at meets on beam i shake SOOO bad so i wobble on everything, if not fall! Do you know any cures for this? On floor i am ready, i just finish WAY after the music is over because i have to stand there for like 10 seconds before i will go for my back tuck. I will need a lot of Good Luck!

Well, I wish you lots of luck. Try to close your eyes and visualize yourself completing each event before you actually do it, and if you start wobbling on beam, pause for a second and take a big breath to calm yourself before continuing, and listen to your music more on floor to try to stay with the routine. You will do Great!!

Yes she is. She is 10. We are from SC
Hey, where did you see the schedule? We haven't received our competition schedule. Is it posted somewhere?

Tracy

Yes she is. She is 10. We are from SC
Hey, where did you see the schedule? We haven't received our competition schedule. Is it posted somewhere?

Tracy

My coach handed them out last week. We are in the last session of the day. It is levels 6 & 8 and there is only 16 people in our session!! It is at 5 o'clock. I am with New Bern Gymnastics, i will try to look for your DD's team!

Isn't Countryside in Fayetteville? I think I have seen it. We are in NC, but our gym is not doing that meet.

Isn't Countryside in Fayetteville? I think I have seen it. We are in NC, but our gym is not doing that meet.

Yes it is. We are in SC but have to go there to score out of L6. We only have 4 girls going. Our actual meet season doesn't even start until Janurary.

Tracy

Yes, this meet is in Fayetteville.
Our season starts in September, lol. We were supposed to have 4 girls going (that is all of our level 6's) but one girl broke her arm, so now only 3 of us are going.

I wish they'd give us the schedule. I bet she is the same session. We only have 4 girls going. They will be the girls from SC. They wear Hot Pink, black, and silver Leos.

Tracy

I wish they'd give us the schedule. I bet she is the same session. We only have 4 girls going. They will be the girls from SC. They wear Hot Pink, black, and silver Leos.

Tracy

Yes, she will be the same session because that is the only session that has level 6's :). My team wears Black leo's with Swarcovski crystals on them :)

Yes, she will be the same session because that is the only session that has level 6's :). My team wears Black leo's with Swarcovski crystals on them :)

Thanks for the info. I got more from you then our own Gym. LOL!

I will tell her to look for your team. I am not going to the meet. The HC is taking them and then they are going to spend the night at NC state. One of our girls competes for them and she set up a tour of their facility and they get to meet the coaches, and the team. I think she is more excited about that then the meet. :)

Tracy

Good Luck and all the best. Just keep being positive and all smiles.
That way, you can keep out all the negatives. NO NEGATIVE THINKING. It will only make you nervous and being nervous is not a good thing, especially at meets.

When I wobble on beam, I'll arch. Is there a deduction for that?

Good Luck and I hope you get to score- out :eek::eek:;);):D:D:)

Last edited:
Wow! Morgansmom, that sounds really cool! I want to be a college gymnast for NC State when i go to college, but i have a few years still to go! I am 14.

The meet is tomorrow! I am so nervous, but oh well! wish me luck, and good luck to your dd, Morgansmom (p.s....my name is Morgan!! haha, that is really cool.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back