Parents First meet in the bag!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Second meet not as good...first handstand to vertical on beam which was awesome, but a weird fall on her beam dismount, just went to her knees...did some strange stuff on floor and had the worst vault of the bunch.

Still placed 4th on bars of 19 and 8th on floor but I was disappointed in her focus. She was oblivious though and had a great time! Was also able to find a free ice skating event with Santa afterwards that she loved! (And made me ice skate with her!!! Ha)

Second meet not as good...first handstand to vertical on beam which was awesome, but a weird fall on her beam dismount, just went to her knees...did some strange stuff on floor and had the worst vault of the bunch.

Still placed 4th on bars of 19 and 8th on floor but I was disappointed in her focus. She was oblivious though and had a great time! Was also able to find a free ice skating event with Santa afterwards that she loved! (And made me ice skate with her!!! Ha)
There will be meets like that! ... YG is a strong vaulter and "weak" on beam (she took out her acro until she can hit it 95% of the time) ... at our meet a couple weeks ago, her score on BEAM counted for team and her vault score was the lowest of her Xcel Platinum team?!?!?!? And this week, her Bars and Vault counted, but beam was 1.35 lower than the last meet, lol.
Sometimes, you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

Yes, a beer truck outside the meet would make a mint. Just need to get everyone on board.
Since this thread came back up and we just had our first home meet of the season, I have another idea ...
For the first time, we actually did candygrams ... and made a decent amount ...
What if the candygrams were for the PARENTS ... and can be ordered by another parent
Gummy bears or gummy worms soaked in your choice of:
vodka, rum, 99 bananas (or 99 coconut or 99 apples), jack daniels, or scotch.
Could also have a "back room" in the concession stand with jello shots ;)
Can you imagine how much that kind of stuff would rake in during upper level sessions :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back