Parents first meet of the season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Daughter had a really good first meet. She got 33.5 AA she came in 5th place AA and also I think she qualified for states. A year makes a big difference, this is her second year as a level 4 and her form is so much better, she has all her skills. I am glad that she got another year to really do well instead of just pushing her to the next level, she has alot of her level 5 and 6 skills but she has had a chance to really perfect her level 4 routines. So all those new parents who are worried about their daughters progress and scores just give it time. I was so nervous watching that I had to stand toward the back so I would not make her nervous (Now I know why Nastia Luikens mom stayed outside the olympic staduim the night she competed). To all the Moms who video tape thier daughters how do you do it? I got a video camera but was so nervous that I could not even video tape her I kept thinking I would jinx her,maybe next time. The best part of the meet was her friend who was also repeating level 4 got the same score, So they were happy together, then a couple of the girls from who moved up to level 5 ran onto the floor during awards and were hugging them!
:)

That's great!! :)

It sounds like staying in 4 was a good thing for her! I'm preparing myself now for keeping my dd in 4 for another year!

I'm super nervous too when my dd is competing, I tried to video it and it turned out awful ;)

Congrats! Sounds like a great first meet.

As to the video, my DH loves to do that sort of thing so I leave it up to him. :D

Wow what a fabulous improvement, I remeber your first posts and how hard it was for you both. I am thrilled that it has all come together so well for your DD>.Just wonderful!!!

As for video, I tape them all, I balance the camera on my knee and push trcoed, the only tough one is floor as they move a lot!!! Sometimes it's good, sometimes, DELETE!!!

Congrats to your dd on a great meet !!!!

I have never been able to video my dd. Any videos we have were taken by parents of her friends, lol.

Congrats to your dd she did great! I used to get very nervous also ,I find when I am video taping it helps to ease me.But states I still get pretty nervous.

Congrats to your dd she did great! I used to get very nervous also ,I find when I am video taping it helps to ease me.But states I still get pretty nervous.

Sounds like she did great and had fun! I also find that I am less nervous when I am videotaping. Though I also want to see her "live" sometime. LOL. Gotta get me a tripod.

congratulations to you dd on her great first meet of the season:)
Level 4 repeat was great for my daughter's self confidence too.
My daughter did great at her first level 5 meet this past weekend too and I think it is because she got an extra year to mature in level 4:)

Daughter had a really good first meet. She got 33.5 AA she came in 5th place AA and also I think she qualified for states. A year makes a big difference, this is her second year as a level 4 and her form is so much better, she has all her skills. I am glad that she got another year to really do well instead of just pushing her to the next level, she has alot of her level 5 and 6 skills but she has had a chance to really perfect her level 4 routines. So all those new parents who are worried about their daughters progress and scores just give it time. I was so nervous watching that I had to stand toward the back so I would not make her nervous (Now I know why Nastia Luikens mom stayed outside the olympic staduim the night she competed). To all the Moms who video tape thier daughters how do you do it? I got a video camera but was so nervous that I could not even video tape her I kept thinking I would jinx her,maybe next time. The best part of the meet was her friend who was also repeating level 4 got the same score, So they were happy together, then a couple of the girls from who moved up to level 5 ran onto the floor during awards and were hugging them!
:)
First off congrats! And yea for her for getting those big level 5 and 6 skills, that's awesome!!

As to the video issue, I just leave that up to dad. He loves the gadgets and I'd rather sit and watch the meet anyway so it works out great for us, lol!

What a great meet for your DD - sounds like a 2nd year of L4 is going to be a real confidence booster for her !!

DH does the video around here !!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back