MAG First Meet over

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Whew. We survived. D had a great time, and his team placed 2nd!! They were all so excited :)

D had an ok meet. He did really well on some things, and let's just say, some things ahve a way to go!

They started on floor, where he scored either an 11.1 or and 11.3 (I can't remember) which was enough for 1st place!

SOmething happened on pommel that we are still trying to figure out. THe judge said he left out an element, but he can't think of it even watching the video. So he lost a point on that (9.7)

Rings were sold. 9.4

Vault...not sure what happened here, but my so with a horrible run, and no way he should ever stick this vault, did, scored a 12.1 and placed 2nd!!

Then, the bars. sigh. Pbars was good, solid, and then he stuck the dismount, right on his bum!! 7.6

High bar looked great. He made 2 front giants but did not make it over for his pirouette. The coach made him try again (not sure why) and he fell again. Then he did his 2 back giants and stuck his flyaway. The hb judge was tough...and eh scored a 4.5 I think. Only can go up from here, right!

He still managed 5th all around and was quite happy with his night. He was lauging after his pb dismount, a little sad after hb but bounced back quickly. It was a fun, late night!

Congratulations to you both! It sounds like a fun day. There is lots to celebrate in that report, his attitude most of all. I love how you said he stuck his dismount. I'm sure many gymnasts wish that was considered a stick in the gym and not just at home.

Congrats to your son! I'm still relatively new to the competitive side, but from what I have seen, it is that "moving on, moving forward" attitude that really makes the difference to longevity in this sport!

Congratulations to you both! It sounds like a fun day. There is lots to celebrate in that report, his attitude most of all. I love how you said he stuck his dismount. I'm sure many gymnasts wish that was considered a stick in the gym and not just at home.

I know. He is just looking for the positives in the routine. The only down side was that stinking pirouette, but D usually looks for the things he did well. I love that about him!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back