Parents First Meet today

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
My dd had her first meet today. She competed at Level 3. I think she did great since she has only been working on her routines for 3 weeks and has not ever competed before:

Vault 8.925 for 5th place
Bars 7.4 for 9th place
Beam 8.00 for 8th place
Floor 7.75, did not place.
AA 32.075 for 9th.

She had a great time, once she got into the swing of things. Floor was first and I could tell she was very nervous. Then she did great on the rest. We are so proud of her.

They got 5th for team all around, they were so excited. They never realized that there were only 5 teams for level 3 !!! We are so proud of them, they worked so hard the last 3 weeks.

Congrats to your dd on her very 1st meet:applause:

I am very impressed! Great scores for her 1st time - especially since floor was 1st yikes- I can't wait to hear the progress on the next meet:D

Glad she had a good time and hopefully said she had fun once she shook off the nerves. So, now more time to practice those routines. When is her next meet? Hope you had the camcorder going and got lots of pictures of her!

Glad she had a good time and hopefully said she had fun once she shook off the nerves. So, now more time to practice those routines. When is her next meet? Hope you had the camcorder going and got lots of pictures of her!

Her next meet is Nov 17 & 18th. She told me on the way to the car she could not wait until the next one. The problem will be if the level 3's are going on the 18th - we are driving to Florida that day and she will miss it. Hoping for the 17th.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I am just relieved that the first one is over and that she had fun.

CONGRATS, your daughter did very VERY well! My daughter had her first meet the end of September and I was more nervous than she was, LOL! Vault is usually my dd's best event too.

Woo!!! I'm glad she had fun and did great. My dds first meet of the season is the 16 and 17th. Hopefully she does as well

Hope she does well. Keep us posted. my dd has her second meet on the 17th. Mock meet at the gym tomorrow after school. Then we are done w/ meets until February. She is level 3 so they are not doing as many meets as the 4, 5 &6. The level 8 (there is only one) is out w/ injury. likely for the season.

:DGreat first meet! I still remember my daughters first meet, I don't know which of us was more nervous! She doesn't compete until the weekend of December 8th. Keep us posted on how she does, and hope the meet schedulers work their magic so she won't miss her next meet!

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back