Parents First Meet Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
My DD had her first meet last Sunday bright and early. Following the wonderful advice from these forums I sent her off with a lovely waffle breakfast and sparkles in her hair. She was completely unphased, but I thought I might have a stroke I was so nervous.

Vault - Form is not her forte in the least but she managed this insanely powerful vault albeit with form breaks for an 8.65 (7th place)

Bars - Best routine I have seen her do for an 8.050 (3rd place)

Beam - One small bobble and an 8.35 (4th place)

Floor - No ROBHS and boy do they kill you for that. I saw downright dreadful routines with backhandsprings that were SCARY get 8's and we could only manage a 7.15 without. No major breaks though and it was the only event she didn't place on.

All-Around - (32.2) 4th place

I was so amazingly proud of her. Thanks for listening (and for all the great advice). :)

Congrats to her!! She did great! Glad she had fun and did so well at her very first meet. I bet her floor score will be well into the 8s when she gets her ROBHS. :) Waffles for breakfast sounds yummy. I can barely get mine to eat, mornings just aren't her thing. LOL. I try though and that is all I can do.

Sounds like she performs well under pressure, which will be to her advantage. I am sure her form will come along. It is hard to remember everything sometimes. Eventually it all comes together.

Congrat's, good first meet. I always feel so stressed. I think the parents more than the kiddos!!! My DD's first meet of the season is Saturday, I think my stroke has already started : )
Form is not my DD's forte either, maybe we should get together over my the CB and whine about the frustration, LOL !!

Can't wait to hear about her next one.

YAY!! Congratulations to you little girl! 4th place is AMAZING!!! She must be so thrilled!

Did you get any video of the big day? It's so much fun to be able to look back later and see the progress they've made!

What wonderful scores, and placements, for a first meet. SHe must be loving that gym bling.

As for you, it does get easier over time, but I totally get the stroke analogy.

4th is most definitely something to be proud of...especially on a first meet!

Sounds like you all had FUN, too...:).

My dd still struggles with that RO BHS. She can do it but it isn't pretty all the time...even after training L4 for 9 months!!! Your DD will get it and then that score will shoot waaaaay up!

Our first meet is in 5 weeks. I can't wait. I am already getting nervous. Shhh, don't tell DD that!;)

Congrats to your little girl! She did great for her first L4 meet. That's a really good score without a bhs. I am sure when she gets it, her score will be much higher. Fourth place is awesome!

Meg

Thank you all for your kind comments. She was so excited to read them... But the bad news comes just after...

She was doing vault yesterday and came in funny on her hand and broke her pinky bone right where it hits her hand. She is in a splint for a week at least and is absolutely devastated. :(

She is going to see an orthopedist to see if she'll be able to get away with just a buddy tape so she won't miss her next meet in 3 weeks, but that's looking like a long shot. Eventually she'll stop crying right?

Oh gosh the poor little thing. They all go through this at some point, I am sure we all have these tales to tell, but it is very hard on them to miss meets and training when they are so into it.

Bless her heart! Sending quick healing thoughts her way :)

Congrats on placing 4th at her first meet! That's awesome. And something she'll remember always. When is her next meet? Maybe she'll get the splint off and heal in time for the next one.

ohhhhh. I am so sorry to hear she got hurt. What a big disappointment. Hopefully she will heal in record time!

Congrats to her on a great meet! And so sorry to hear about her pinky! I hope it heals quickly!

Congrats on such a great first meet! Hoping the pinky heals in record time!

Oh, I'm sorry that your dd is hurt! Healing fairies and prayers are heading her way . ..
Congratulations to her, though, for her meet!

Oh my gosh, I didn't see the update. I hope the ortho has good news for you guys. I can only imagine how heartbroken she is. Mine would be devastated.

Tell her injury is all part of the sport and even if she misses a meet, she will come back strong!

Her first meet sounded very exciting and she did very well, even with the omitted skill on floor. She can only go up (in score) from this point.

GL with the ortho and tell her to focus on what she can do with her injury, not on the stuff she can't do! :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back