MAG First meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

RTT2

Proud Parent
Wow, there is so much to learn- so many differences between boys' and girls' gymnastics! DS started off in a 1 hour rec class in March and then joined the team over the summer. The way his gym is set up the boys practice way in the back and I haven't seen him do any gymnastics. My husband and I just assumed he wouldn't do that well at his first meet, we were really prepping him with a lot of "Just have fun and don't worry about medals"-types of talks. I hoped he wouldn't fall off anything.

Then he started off on the high bar, and I was sort of like-- wait, what? He actually looks good?! This kid has a ton of energy, but hated every other sport he tried. I was just so happy to have him find something that he's been having fun with. 1st place on vault and 5th AA. He was so proud of himself, and I'm just happy it was a good first experience for him. Totally blew my expectations out of the water.

Wow, there is so much to learn- so many differences between boys' and girls' gymnastics! DS started off in a 1 hour rec class in March and then joined the team over the summer. The way his gym is set up the boys practice way in the back and I haven't seen him do any gymnastics. My husband and I just assumed he wouldn't do that well at his first meet, we were really prepping him with a lot of "Just have fun and don't worry about medals"-types of talks. I hoped he wouldn't fall off anything.

Then he started off on the high bar, and I was sort of like-- wait, what? He actually looks good?! This kid has a ton of energy, but hated every other sport he tried. I was just so happy to have him find something that he's been having fun with. 1st place on vault and 5th AA. He was so proud of himself, and I'm just happy it was a good first experience for him. Totally blew my expectations out of the water.

That is awesome! Congrats to him! Boys' gymnastics is a totally different word :)

So glad h had a great first experience!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back