Parents First Out of State Meet was a *BIG* Hit!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pixie had her first out of state meet this past weekend and she loved the whole experience! The meet was the Land of Oz Invitational and she had circled this meet since we got the schedule. She had really been looking forward to it, especially since she was Dorothy for Halloween.

Let me just say they didn't let her down. It was decked out in the Wizard of Oz theme and she was in heaven!

First up was bars ~ great routine, good landing 9.75

Beam was next ~ very solid, held her handstand longer than she had all season, a big bobble on the turn but the rest was really solid! But then she got double dinged...what!?! It sure didn't look like she was over so I timed it when making her video, lol. Well she wasn't over time but she was close, 59 seconds. The thing is, they double dinged her at like 50 seconds. Oh well still a great score considering the deduction 9.4!

Floor ~ She did awesome! She had a couple of steps after her rebound and I was afraid the last impressions would affect her score but she got another 9.75! omg!!

Last was vault, her nemesis, I would just be happy if her coach remembers to take the extra springs out, haha!! Well they both looked amazing to me! 9.7!!

bars ~ 9.75 (3rd place)
beam ~ 9.4 (1st place)
floor ~ 9.75 (2nd place)
Vault ~ 9.7 (1st place)

AA ~ 38.60 (1st place) her personal best!!

She left with so much bling it was crazy! She got the 4 medals for events and she got an adorable trophy with ruby slippers and Glenda's wand and she got a crown for 1st AA! With all this bling she may want to compete over the rainbow for every meet, lol!

SHe had a blast and the meet was good to her & her team mates. They had 5 girls get 1st AA in their divisions. They really did so good. I'm very proud of all of them!

In case you'd like to view it, here's her video:

YouTube - Pixie Rocks the Land of Oz Gymnastics Invitational ~1st Place AA~ Level 4

~Hugs to all~

9075 was 2nd place on floor!!! WOW!!!

Great routines, she looks so solid and polished. That meet looked so much fun. I will NOT show it to my kids they will be so jealous as their meets have no themes, no cute trophies and hardly any medlas. I need to move!!!!

What a beautiful smile Pixxie has, I love her on the podium with her crown!

9075 was 2nd place on floor!!! WOW!!!

Great routines, she looks so solid and polished. That meet looked so much fun. I will NOT show it to my kids they will be so jealous as their meets have no themes, no cute trophies and hardly any medlas. I need to move!!!!

What a beautiful smile Pixxie has, I love her on the podium with her crown!

That has to be tough for the little ones to not get the rewards for their hard work. But I bet they appreciate the payoff more when they do get it :D

It just worked out that 1st place on Floor was a 9.8. And on bars 1st & 2nd were tied with a 9.8. The girl that got first on floor was her team mate who went right after her.

It really was a cute themed meet. The girls adored it!

Pixie was cracking me up on the podium. She can be such a ham for being so shy! I loved seeing her let loose!! Gymnastics is go good for her. She really is starting to come out of her shell a bit more.

Yikes! that is a high scoring meet! great job, sounds like a really fun meet to go to. Congratulations Pixie!
Well it was about half & half. Bars & floor seemed generous but beam was tough. They didn't even reward any 9's until her team got up there. They were being a bit stingy on vault as well.

But, I really can't complain. It worked out great for Pixie :D

Last edited:
Wow, what a fantastic meet for Pixie and her teammates! I was especially impressed with her vault - really awesome! What a fun meet theme too. Congrats to Pixie! She is looking great!

Wow, what a fantastic meet for Pixie and her teammates! I was especially impressed with her vault - really awesome! What a fun meet theme too. Congrats to Pixie! She is looking great!

They really did have a great time. We have some vaguely themed meets around here but nothing like this. The girls loved it! The girls that handed out the medals where dressed as characters from the movie. It was adorable.

I have to admit though, that the meet itself seemed a bit chaotic. But as I understand it that was because it was a Capitol Cup meet???

What a great theme for a meet ! And I love your video montage! I love how she finally got that crown to stay on her head!! lol! Very nice! I am still trying to learn how to do cute videos myself.
And HOLY COW...those were some HIGH scores!!! 9.75 on bars was 3rd! WHAT!!

What a great theme for a meet ! And I love your video montage! I love how she finally got that crown to stay on her head!! lol! Very nice! I am still trying to learn how to do cute videos myself.
And HOLY COW...those were some HIGH scores!!! 9.75 on bars was 3rd! WHAT!!
Thank you! We enjoy making them together.

I think she amused herself, too. You can see her chuckle when she finally got the crown to stay...what a goober! :D

Everything was beautiful and that vault just rocked! Way to go Pixie. Congrats on an amazing meet.

Awesome job Pixie!! And sounds like a great meet format. I would love to go to a Wizard of Oz meet. How cool!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back