First practice with grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

teena82

So I used my grips for the first time today. I wouldn't say I liked them or disliked them but it was definitely different. I've heard from some other people that they felt slippery but I felt like I didn't swing as easily. Is that just part of the whole break in process or should I use more chalk or is that just how grips are?

If you haven't worn in your grips yet they will feel slippery because there still bendy, they will harden to the shape of your hand the more and more you use them and they will become less slippery and give you more grip.
When you swing back it feels like you are going to slip off because their designed for you to swing one way. Its easier to swing when you brake them in.

This is the problem i had when i first got mine i felt like i just couldn't swing as easily. so what you could do is try chalk if that does not work then try a LITTLE water. If you use too much water your grips will be hard to use without water and if your gym doesn't alow that then that could be bad. Other than that i think you just need to work out in them a little more so you can break them in. Hope i helped:)

You need to break them in. It happend to me when I first got my grips. Just use lots of chalk(and water if you want). And also do lots of tap swings to help break them in.:)

mine were the same way to. they will be hard and hard to swing on for the first little while but after you have worn them for a few practices they will start to mold to the shape of your hand and they will really get you swinging!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back