Parents First 'real' L3 meet Saturday!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Midget's Dad

Well as I have posted before the last meet, where Midget did so well, was really a fun meet. Saturday is the first one of the 'real' meets. Unsanctioned, level 3, but still real to us!

She has a 1 PM call time but we are heading up to lovely Paducah, KY tomorrow after school for our traditional (from last year) fun filled weekend for the meet.

If last year is any indication she may finally hit her Mill circle, she tends to get bar elements during meets, not sure why. LOL

My one concern is her floor. Not that she struggles with it, just that she got a 9.3 at the in-house 'fun' meet and now she seems a little cocky. She learned that the judge that scored her was a level 10 judge and is now just a bit too proud of herself.

To give you an idea of how cocky she is on floor right now, yesterday at practice she did her routine, finished, saluted, and then put her hand on her hip and fanned herself with the other hand before flouncing (my dw's word) off the floor and looking at her coach and saying, "I rocked that." One of our L8 girls has a few points in her floor where she fans herself and Midget things she set the sun so we know where she got it but still.

Anyway long post to basically say, send us some luck! And maybe a little humility. :D

:laughing: Just had to laugh at her little antics. That's just too funny. Hey, at least she's having fun, right? Good luck to her this weekend. Is she still level 3 or is she a 4 now? Either way, I'm sure she'll get that dreaded mill circle and be just as proud on bars as she is on floor! :D

Good luck to her! Hope her cockiness doesn't show up at the meet :)

Cute story. Don't forget it! :)

Good luck to her at her first real L3 meet!!! I hope you all have a good time and that she has a wonderful meet. :) Sending her the mill circle fairy!

Best of luck to Bella, hope you all have a blast at the meet. Better to go into it confident than the other way around!

GOOD LUCK!!! She is going to do great! I loved L3, I really think it helped my dd get really solid basics. Can't wait to see the video!

:laughing: Just had to laugh at her little antics. That's just too funny. Hey, at least she's having fun, right? Good luck to her this weekend. Is she still level 3 or is she a 4 now? Either way, I'm sure she'll get that dreaded mill circle and be just as proud on bars as she is on floor! :D

She is level 3. She wants to be 4 so bad though LOL.

Thanks all, she is a trip to be around and this is just one more thing to love. Should be an interesting weekend.

Good Luck to Bella! I hope you guys have a wonderful, fun filled weekend!

And let her be proud she has every right to be!!! The world works hard to knock that out of our kids. Nurture it while it's there in abundance, and she'll end up with the perfect amount down the road;)

Sooo funny ...reminds me a lot of my DD who is trying very hard this year to get a 36AA so she can "invent" her own ending for her routine. Hate to break it to her but I don't think she'll get it this year in L5, maybe next year. She practices here at home and it's like a pose and then she blows a kiss to the judge. What a shmoozer! Tell your DD we all think she will ROCK her meet this weekend & I hope you all have fun. Can't wait to hear all about it on Monday!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back