First trial class today!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well.....we found a second gym, that is the same distance from us as the 1st one I found, just in the opposite direction. They had dd come in today to have a trial class/evaluation with the competition class/team.

She had a blast! They decided to put her right with the competition class/team girls. She was so excited. The HC said she should have no problem catching up. They won't start competiting til the spring this year anyway.

She picked up pretty quick on the things they worked on today. She did a pullover, cast and backward hip circle on the bars by herself by the end of the class, and did a cartwheel on the regular beam without a spot. And also did the level 4 beam dismount by herself after watching the girl before her do it.
They had some "contests" (backhandspring, handstand, cartwheel on the beam, handstand on the beam and a jump contest lol) at the end of the practice, so she came home with 4 2nd place ribbons and 1 first (which she hasn't put down since we came home lol) And they had to literally kick her out of the gym at the end of practice, she was the last one lingering on the floor. So I'd say she really enjoyed herself today lol.

Just had to share! :D

Wow, now that sounded like a ton of fun. I hope you find the perfect fit for her, it sounds like she just loves gymnastics and that is always the most important thing.

Keep those ribbons, one day you'll sit back and remember her very first gymnastics ribbon.

Sounds like a really good fit for your dd!! I'll bet she's already asking when the next practice is. Hope she has a super year.

WOW! Sounds like a fun class! I agree it sounds like a good fit for your DD & she fits right in. She's probably sleeping with those ribbons right now, LOL

Sounds like so much fun! They have to "kick" my 3 yr old out of the gym too LOL. Congratz on those ribbons!!:D

She's definitely been bugging about when she can go back. She has it marked on her calendar, and about 30 times a day she comes out to remind me how many days left til her actual 1st class.

The gym also has open gym on Friday nights and she drove me crazy all week asking if she could go to it. I kept telling her I wasn't sure if she could, since she technically didn't start until the week after. She finally wore me down and I called, and even though they said they would love to have her, the gym would be closed for the holiday weekend lol.

She also got in trouble from Daddy lol, when she wouldn't stop using the back of our kitchen chairs to "Practice casting"-as she said.... (thank Godness they are very heavy wooden chairs and she didn't tip herself backwards!) I was at the store when she did it......The second I came through the door, Hubby asked "when's that class of hers start? I don't think I can take much more of this!" lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back