flexibility

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

ajkfdjdhfjd3

how do i improve my range of flexibility?

anyone have any tips or things to do
i would appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I don't have any first hand advice. I'm an inflexible mom to a super flexible daughter! I can suggest that you look at this web site for ideas. Link Removed They have a message board specifically for conditioning and stretching, and some of the ideas listed there will probably work for you.

I hope that helps.

Canadian Gym Mom

I am etremely flexible! Try stretching after a warm bath; you're more flexible then. Strong hip flexers are important! Try pilates. Also try a move where you sit straight up against a wall. Straddle as big as you can and gently lift your legs up ten times. It'll be difficult for awhile, but keep doing it! It will REALLY help!!!!!!!!!!!

Canadiangymmom
I am going to go look at that website! Thanks for posting it. I am looking forward to see what they have and what could work for my daughter!

I've never posted there, but I have read a bunch of the messages and they seem to be a well informed bunch. I hope you find some useful tips.

Canadian Gym Mom

Make sure you are stretching after workouts, you'll see that you get more stretch when the muscles are all warmed up and ready to stretch.

Someone posted on Gym Chat regarding flexibility, and that it's bad to bounce on your splits; here's the link: Link Removed .

Gym Chat
Link Removed

It's bad to bounce in your splits if you don't know your personal limits. If you have ridiculous hip flexers, you wont do as much or any damage.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back