WAG Flight series requirement level 8?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dbean

Proud Parent
What are the flight requirements for level 8? Do you need a fight series? If so, what are alternatives to BH-BH. Thx

Yes one is required. There are too many combinations to list. There’s a whole book of skills to choose from. Any B flight skills and some restricted C flight skills.

Yes one is required. There are too many combinations to list. There’s a whole book of skills to choose from. Any B flight skills and some restricted C flight skills.
Guess my real question is, can you do cartwheel roundoff or does it have to be two flight skills like BH BH. Sorry noob here

The special requirement is that 1 of the elements in the series have flight. However, to avoid a composition deduction of up to 0.2 they both need to be B skills with flight.

You CAN do CW/RO series. My dd has done that before when her other series wasn't quite ready. But it won't score as well because it doesn't meet the requirements exactly.

If they aren’t B skills you take a not up to level deduction. This is better then,
Falling or not connecting the BHS BHS. Or just balking And not doing it.

Of all our L8s, who will all do a second year only one was doing BHS BHS. And no they didn’t as score well. States are over, they were all working BHS BHS when I did pick up last night.

@dbean - what is the reason you’re looking for alternatives to the standard bhs-bhs? There definitely are alternatives, but some coaches are very particular about what they will allow.

DD is scared to do them. No problems on low beam but refuses on high beam. Over a year now. @Seeker she has no desire. She has lots of fear.

Okay, that helps. Is it the going backwards that scares her? What suggestions does the coach have?
Love my DD but the girl is a bag of fear. She is worried she will split the beam, hit her head, and die. Very explicit about it. So far it is anything connected to a BHS and a standing roundoffs ( but no problems with cartwheel roundoffs). She has never split the beam and has had no major injuries so not sure how she got this scenario in her head. I feel for her but the scenario is so tragically extreme.

Love my DD but the girl is a bag of fear. She is worried she will split the beam, hit her head, and die. Very explicit about it. So far it is anything connected to a BHS and a standing roundoffs ( but no problems with cartwheel roundoffs). She has never split the beam and has had no major injuries so not sure how she got this scenario in her head. I feel for her but the scenario is so tragically extreme.
How old is she? If this has been going on for 2 years, I’m not sure how reasonable it is to expect it to change. Might be at an impasse if she won’t budge and neither will the coach. Seems sort of silly to force her if there’s something else she can do that is creditable. Is she still growing? Maybe the fear will retreat once her height stabililizes?

How old is she? If this has been going on for 2 years, I’m not sure how reasonable it is to expect it to change. Might be at an impasse if she won’t budge and neither will the coach. Seems sort of silly to force her if there’s something else she can do that is creditable. Is she still growing? Maybe the fear will retreat once her height stabililizes?
She is 13, 14 in July. Going through growth spurt now and should get close to puberty in the next 3 to 6 months (just a guess). I don't ever see her doing bhs-bhs. She just freezes and cries.

Connecting 2 front handsprings is a possible forward option for L8. You would just need to make sure they have flight and aren’t just fast front walkovers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back