WAG Flip Fest

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast4

My parents are considering letting me go to Flip Fest gymnastics summer camp this year!!!! Yay:) I know it is extremely expensive and I live across the country from it so I was wondering if anyone has been? Is it worth it? Is it a good idea to go without anyone I know (will I meet people there)? Also, I'm not like a super high level gymnast so is it really hard?

My girls are also going this summer. They went to Woodward last year with the team, and HC did not feel it was gymnastics centered enough to return. My DD came off the plane gushing about the horseback riding!?

Flip fest is a smaller camp with a more focused gymnastics venue. They cater to all levels, rec and team gymnastics girls. You would be put with girls your own age. My DD, 10, is also worrying about "being a lower level gymnast". You're not alone!

I think it would be fun, and you would learn a lot. Good luck with your decision.

I went last year, personally I went with a friend, but there were at least 3 others in my cabin who did not go with anyone. I'm 19 and a level 5/6 and my friend is 17 and a level 4/5 and we were in the lowest group. Yes there were little girls in our group but there were other older girls as well! Especially around 12-14 year olds.

Hmmm...interesting. I have always heard that FlipFest is a BLAST...tons of fun...but LESS centered on gymnastics than other camps? My daughter has never been, so this is just what I have heard through the grapevine, so please take it with a grain of salt.

I have heard similar things about Woodward. Again, lots and lots of fun, but there could be more focus on gymnastics. The one camp that I have heard has the most focus on gymnastics is IGC in Pennsylvania. So maybe you could make your decision based on location? Not having to travel as far might help your parents. :)

I have never been to Flip Fest, but I would imagine any camp would be a great experience to meet and connect with new gymnasts and coaches. I remember having so much fun at gymnastics camp back when I was a gymnast!!! Woodward and Lake Owen were the big ones back then. Sorry I couldn't help you.... Good Luck! ;)

Compared to Woodward, Flipfest does have more schedule mandatory gym time, verse woodward has less mandatory and more open gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back