WAG Flip Fest

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom41

Proud Parent
Have many families here done Flip Fest? Is it mostly rec or compulsory level kids? Would girls working levels 8-9 have fun? Any other input you’d give on Flipfest or other camps?

Have many families here done Flip Fest? Is it mostly rec or compulsory level kids? Would girls working levels 8-9 have fun? Any other input you’d give on Flipfest or other camps?
My daughter has been 3 times and had a blast. Her Team used to go as a group (so levels 2-10) so it was a ton of fun for her since it was basically hanging out with her best friends and doing gymnastics with some fun side stuff sprinkled in for almost a week. We've since had a coaching change and while HC has no problem if the girls want to go, it's not an organized group like it was before.

Mine went last summer. I would say it is mostly lower levels -- but my DD and her friend had a blast! The camp coaches assessed skills the first night and placed the girls into something like five or six leveled groups. Mine had all of her L7 skills by the time she left for camp (was training L7) and was placed in the second highest group. Her friend who was training L8 was placed in the highest group. Looked to me like the lower level groups were larger, but even at the high end there were about 30 gymnasts per group. I definitely observed some bigger skills during the pick up observation time, but not from a majority of girls there. My DD says she definitely wants to go back this summer (will be age 10 -- almost age 11 -- and training L8 this summer). There were definitely some teens there -- but I would guess that the majority fell in the 9-12 yrs old range. The gymnastics was decent (mine worked a lot on her bail on bars, front layout (FHS-FLO) on floor, dismount on beam, timers on vault), but I would say mostly my DD just enjoyed the independence, camp fun, etc. Let me know if you have more questions.

I have taken boys and girls for the last 9 years. They all have a blast. I have taken all levels of boys and girls teams, recreational kids and ninjas. I highly recommend it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back