flip outside the box

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

katy

Gymnast/Coach
i just read a post that little lady did and the name of her book is Flip Outside the Box. i love the idea. i too feel as if the artistry in gymnastics is gone and has been replaced with tumbling and power, and a lot of it. i like to watch old routines to find cool moves to make my routines different. since i am older than most of the other girls, i want my routines to stand out.
what a great idea little lady!
check out Flip Outside The Box :: Creative Women's Gymnastics Elements for little ladies book
and check out YouTube - Montage - Gymnastics Floor (Ramalama Bang Bang) by Nade00 my favoite montage with unique dance and acro dance moves. i totally want to get flexible enough to learn the bhs 1/2 to straddle!

ps. the example of the butterfly, in flip outside the box, looks totally scarry! i have to try it into the pit! at open gym, we call the boys that do those in to the pit, crazy. since they just run and twist with no training. now i am going to have to tell them it is called a butterfly.

Thanks Katy!
That montage was fun to watch! The dance is so much more unique than what we've seen in what seems like ages. The choreography is very entertaining too.
If you can do a high, solid Butterfly, the twisting isn't that hard, really. I used to practice Butterfly 1/1 twist drop to a front support on floor so coming off beam will give a gymnast plenty of time for another twist. Thanks for your very nice review. I appreciate it. :)

Katy,
This morning I found a YouTube video of some guys doing the Butterfly Double Twist on floor! It was exciting to see! I don't understand how to attach a YouTube video into a post. Can you or anyone help me? There's also an original element on YouTube called the Full Twisting Shaposhnikova that a gymnast is doing on bars. It's awesome! I LOVE seeing original elements actually being done. Please help me to learn how to share them. Thanks! :)

I loved watching that video on utube, thanks katy. I think I'm going to try and watch it again and pick out a few things I could put in my floor routine. I was thinking especially some of the flexiblity moves since thats one of my strong points (I actually won bridge war against a bunch of the kids one day), dance not as much. I took dance when I was younger but grace is still not my strong point. I know I have to work on that but I guess thats why I almost like more emphasis on tumbling. I love the explosive power but after watching that video it makes me want to work more on the artistry part of gymnastics and make my routines more entertaining. Oh and I'd love to watch the utube videos of people doing the butterfly but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Katy,
This morning I found a YouTube video of some guys doing the Butterfly Double Twist on floor! It was exciting to see! I don't understand how to attach a YouTube video into a post. Can you or anyone help me? There's also an original element on YouTube called the Full Twisting Shaposhnikova that a gymnast is doing on bars. It's awesome! I LOVE seeing original elements actually being done. Please help me to learn how to share them. Thanks! :)

When you are on youtube and watching the video, on the right there is a box that says 'url' with the web address right there waiting to be copied (you don't want the one that says 'embed' below). Paste and thats it! Example:

YouTube - Variety of good stuff

I'm happy to say that people are "catching the wave" of creative elements in Women's Artistic Gymnastics not only here in the USA, but also in Spain, Israel and even India. This is exciting! :eek:

i am still going to get this book soon! just have to wait to get some $$ can't wait to see the interesting moves in it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back