Parents Flipper qualified for Regionals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our state meet was this last weekend. Flipper had a great meet. Her coaches had told us that she is in the age group that is hardest to qualify for Regionals in. When awards were announced, we discovered that she hadn't made it. I was sad for her, but still could see a lot of good things in the meet. She landed a spectacular tsuk and got her season high on bars. She fell on beam, but still had a great score and her floor is very consistent. Besides, Flippers cousin is getting married 2 weeks after Regionals in the same state as Regionals (a 9 hour drive for us), so NOT going was going to make it possible to go to the wedding and see a bunch of family. Win - Win as far as I was concerned. Just as we were all relaxing and thinking about all the things we could get done now that the competition season is over, the meet officials called 3 girls up to the awards stand. Flipper was one of them. Flipper got one of the "at large" bids for Regionals. They take the top 3 scores regardless of age that didn't automatically qualify and give them at large bids.

Well isn't that a fun meet report. Nice that you already had other plans in the works, and what a nice surprise for Flipper to end up with a spot.

SO what will you do about the wedding?

I talked to my sister about missing her daughter's the wedding. She understands how life gets in the way sometimes. We'll stay an extra day and help them with wedding preparations. We'll probably actually get to spend more time with them then if we attended the wedding.

Flipper is thrilled to be going to Regionals.

Congrats to Flipper for qualifying! Sorry you have to miss the wedding though. although, it sounds like this will be the best of both worlds!

Oh terrific!! Hope it doesn't interfere with your plans though!

We will be there also if DD makes it!!! what age group? DD will be in the 8-11.

She qualified as an 8-11, but Region 3 isn't using the standard age groups. They are dividing the girls into 5 even groups. So, it depends on how many REALLY young ones make regionals to see if she'll be in the youngest 20% or the next to youngest 20%.

yes our state is this weekend...we will find out Sunday. DD competes Sunday at 1. Only 22 out of 47 of the 8-11 yr olds make it to regionals. I am hoping we make it!! If we do make it, I will look for flipper!! Congrats again!

Wow, what an exciting surprise to Flipper to get to go to Regionals! Those younger age groups at the optional levels are TOUGH. Good luck to her!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back