Parents Float upstart(kip)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymbee06

Proud Parent
Not a question just a frustration we are at the dreaded almost got with this skill my dd has been practicing since March but only seriously for the last 2 months she made it on Friday around 8 times but every time she got me to watch didn't make it:( she is very aware that it will come and go but she is so excited for me to finally see I feel like I've lived at the gym for this past week! On a good note although she tries hard and works I've never seen her so determined to get a skill even going early and staying late begging the coaches for extra practice I suppose it's just a realisation to all the other previous posters that I now feel your pain in the damn skill good luck to all those dds that are almost there

Oh the kip....she will get it. At least that's what everyone keeps telling me! Lol We've been in your spot since OCTOBER...but this summer has been huge progress. At least she consistently gets up now. But it's ugly....there's going to be a big 'ol party in my house when it's actually competable! GOOD LUCK! Vent away...you are not alone!

DD took a long time too. She knew what she was doing wrong but she couldnt fix it. She kept saying " I need to stay hollow, but i cant" Good luck on getting the kip! :)

It'll come. Then go. Then a few years from now she'll do it for fun to climb trees....

There's a lot of strength and proper timing involved in a good smooth straight arm kip. None of my three got there's easily but once there it sticks. Then you are on to the next challenge

Oh my god, I'm pretty sure I have grey hairs thanks to the freakin kip...

DD was SO happy when she finally got it... Until she realised she then needed to have straight arms. And connect a cast to it. It's still hit and miss.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back