WAG Floor Passes Finally Determined (I think...)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlippinLilysMom

Proud Parent
So, up until today I had only seen my DDs new floor routine with the choreography, hadn't seen her do any of her tumbling passes as the coaches were still figuring out how many passes and which skills, etc..that she would be doing. For her level 9 meets she will do 3 tumbling passes and for HOPES she will do 4. The 4 tumbling passes are below (not sure which one they will pull out for the level 9 meets):

double pike
1.5 front pike OR front full
triple twist
front double twist

Are her coaches crazy or should I trust their judgement?? This seems like a lot to me and it seems like a lot of skills that could go wrong and add up to lots of deductions...

Having never seen her tumble, I have no idea of how hard this would be furbger, thus no idea if this ya crazy and risky or not. The last 2 sound especially ambitious. Triple twist, wow! I feel like it as but get long ago that this was a rarely performed skill at the works level!

Depends how clean she is. More tumbling means a higher D score, but more risk of execution deductions.

Doing 3 of those passes at level 9 would incur a 0.5 deduction for violating difficulty restrictions (and no credit for the 2nd D/E in the routine).
Really??? Ok. Going to have to clarify with her coaches what the plan is for her level 9 routine. What if she competed level 10? Would all 4 be allowed?

Really??? Ok. Going to have to clarify with her coaches what the plan is for her level 9 routine. What if she competed level 10? Would all 4 be allowed?
Yes, everything is allowed at level 10. Not uncommon for a top level 9 routine to have double pike(D), 1 1/2 to front pike or full(C+B or C+C) and then a back double full or front full(C) to dismount. Just can't have more than one D/E.

@FlippinLilysMom Your daughter has been coming up on my instagram explore option a lot this week. Her skills look amazing (that beam dismount!). I am just curious, she seems pretty far past the usual skill level of a level 9. Is she expecting to compete 9 all season or will she jump up to 10 after a meet or two?

Reactions: sce
From the post I am assuming your gym is having her do these passes for th hopes and not for level 9.

@FlippinLilysMom Your daughter has been coming up on my instagram explore option a lot this week. Her skills look amazing (that beam dismount!). I am just curious, she seems pretty far past the usual skill level of a level 9. Is she expecting to compete 9 all season or will she jump up to 10 after a meet or two?
She had a meeting with her coaches about 6 weeks ago where the 4 HOPES girls were told what level they would be competing, 2 were told that they would be competing level 10 (one was already a level 10 and the other was a level 8 last year with my DD and they are going to have her score out of 9 and then move to 10, these are the 2 "older" HOPES girls, older meaning that they are both already 12). The other 2 HOPES girls, one being my DD, are both currently 11 and were told that they would be doing level 9 and HOPES this year. But in the last month or so my DDs skills have flourished, she's gotten her layout full on vault, her 2.5 twist off of beam and "almost" has her triple twist (she has it just doesn't land it consistently). She has her uphill on bars and is working very, very hard on her pak. They just had a skills testing day today at the gym and have another one tomorrow, so I'm hoping we will get a definitive answer after tomorrow. DD was really excited about doing level 9 (for a multitude of reasons) so I'm not sure how she will react if they want her to score out and move to 10. It will definitely be a meeting between us, our DD and the coaches. Hopefully we will have a firm answer soon! She has an in-house meet in 3 weeks and then her first official meet isn't until January, so we have time but I just want to know what their plan is. And sorry for blowing up your Instagram!! I've been having so much fun posting videos and fun facts about her, it's become my little hobby lately:):)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back