WAG Florida meet suggestions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My team is looking for a meet for next season in Florida that hosts mens and womens teams. We do NOT want to go to Orlando, and would like to avoid anywhere to close to Disney lol. We would like the meet to be held some time in January.

Or if anyone can suggest another warm weather meet in January for men and women that would be great. Florida is appealing because the flights are cheap.

Universal gymnastics hosts one in January for both MAG and WAG. I think there are a lot. YOu could get on one of the scoring sites and see what is being held in FL this January.

Gasparilla is really big, but it's in February.

If you can do December at all, the Atlantis Crown in Nassau, Bahamas is really nice!!!
(they give good discounts on hotel rooms)

Coed meets in florida as per the websites: flmensgymnastics.com and usagfl.org

Gasparilla
La fleurs invitational
Yessooo
Not sure of any others....

Presidential and Whitlow are in disney.

Universal gymnastics hosts one in January for both MAG and WAG. I think there are a lot. YOu could get on one of the scoring sites and see what is being held in FL this January.
Ive been looking, not having much luck finding meets that include boys, so I thought Id ask around, thanks!

I was just going to recommend TBT Invite. My DD's team has done that meet several time - usually good competition from what I hear.

We had a rough experience at a Daytona Beach meet in Feb 2015 (We think it was called the daytona beach classic). We were a L6, Florida was in the middle of their split season (I am not sure what this means, bu tit affected the meet) We traveled 15 hours to a meet to be with the host gym and one gym from new york. They had the L1 warming up on floor in the same rotation as L10s (on the same event), they were missing judges so the flow was poor and girls sat for over an hour after their warm up b/c no one could figure out where to shuffle the judges to that were there. It was cold and foggy. There was supposed to be TnT with WAG, but they canceled that less than 2 weeks before. It was a nightmare.

Last year we did the sand dollar at disney and had a much much much better experience.

Gasparilla is a really great meet! It's huge and teams come from all over. It's held at a Major League Baseball stadium. Good location to head to the beach, too.

Not Florida (rather Virginia Beach), but we are doing Excalibur this year with both teams. Looking at last year, it was a smallish meet on the men's side, but looks to be significantly bigger this year. The women's side is very good. It's hard to find a good meet that has a decent level of competition for optionals on both sides!

(Oops, just noticed you are looking for January.) How is HNI on the women's side? I know it is very good on the men's side.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back