Fly Aways :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Same problem...

I am a second year level 7 and I have a very similar problem. The only difference is that I don't think I am afraid to do it, I just won't let go! Try doing tap swings on the high bar and when you reach a point where you should let go, look at your toes and find a spot of something in the background where your toes point to. Then when you are going for the flyaway, look for that spot and when your toes get to that spot, let go. You then know you are letting go at the same, correct time every time and won't hit the bar. Good luck!

Haha that's ok! It took me about a year to get my flyaway! I've been doing them for almost 4 years and I'm going up to level eight and I still need a coach to stand there for me! :p

what are dead cows????? everyone uses that phrase...arg! lol

I call them flatbacks - you tap a few times and then at the top of your tap swing you let go with open shoulders and a hollow body and you fall onto a mat. It's fun!

Try doing those and clapping your hands together as soon as you release the bar. If you practice this, then when you get comfortable clap your hands together before the flyaway (in a pit or somewhere safe). This way you must clap before flipping - you are guaranteed to NOT have your hands on the bar, which means you can flip safely!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back