WAG Flyaway problems

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnastorlz

Gymnast
So at my last gymnastics practise, I was scared to let go of my flyaway and just couldn’t let go. Most other practises, I let go after two or three tries, and once I get the first one over with, I’m fine. I’m now stressing and putting pressure on myself since the practise I couldn’t do it in. I’m trying not to make it a thing in my head. I know I’m fully capable of doing it and have done it before, but it’s just letting go. Any advice?

It's not uncommon. Go back to the drills you were using when you learned it to regain your confidence. For my daughter and one of my son's friends, picking a spot on the wall to use as a visual release cue helped too.

This is exactly what's been happening to me for years. Sometimes, it helps me to go if I have the coach say "let go" and "flip" when I need to do those things just so I don't have to think about it as much. I know how much this problem sucks, but I'm sure we'll get it eventually, it just takes longer for some. Good luck!

This is exactly what's been happening to me for years. Sometimes, it helps me to go if I have the coach say "let go" and "flip" when I need to do those things just so I don't have to think about it as much. I know how much this problem sucks, but I'm sure we'll get it eventually, it just takes longer for some. Good luck!
Thanks so much! This is what I was thinking too, that I would say “release” to myself in my head, so I wouldn’t think about it. Killing thing is, I can normally do it, it was just the one class! However, I normally do it after one or two tries of not letting go. I will change that!

So at my last gymnastics practise, I was scared to let go of my flyaway and just couldn’t let go. Most other practises, I let go after two or three tries, and once I get the first one over with, I’m fine. I’m now stressing and putting pressure on myself since the practise I couldn’t do it in. I’m trying not to make it a thing in my head. I know I’m fully capable of doing it and have done it before, but it’s just letting go. Any advice?
I have the same problem. I did it a year ago and i hit my toes on the bar and now in very scared i have the hight on my tap swings and i can tuck my knees but im just scared to let go.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back