Food suggestions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
Need some help in the food area. Alex is a pretty good eater. She doesn't drink pop, eat candy, chips, etc.
But over the last 12 months - last 6 months being the worst... she had some weight gain (although not a lot) but enough to be lacking energy.
Alex went through some pretty horrible emotional and verbal treatment.... where she almost had a breakdown. We saw several physicians - had lots of blood work, etc. All her blood levels are good.
They tell me that the weight gain can be directly related to this stress. But I want to help her get her energy back.

So that being said... I would love to hear about some of your typical daily meals.
Feel free to PM me directly if you want.

Thanks CB parents...

Sp she is growing, probably her hormones are kicking in, she is training very hard and eating healthy. If changes to her diet need to be made I would be very careful with food suggestions from the internet and ask advice on this subject from a sportsdietist. Good luck to her, it sounds like she is having a tough time.

I've posted this before but I know it gets lost in the many threads. I have worked a pediatric sports nutritionist in my professional life. Feel free to look her up if that helps -- Jill Castle. She has a website and was doing private consults. She also wrote a book: Eat Like a Champion. It might give you guidance. I do agree with trampolinemom. Every kid is different in how he/she responds to food metabolically and emotionally. I think the advice should come from a credentialed source. Good luck.

Agree with the others on getting an expert involved in this. To move away from the food a second...how is she sleeping? When my oldest had insomnia, she gained quite a bit of weight over a several month period (about 7-10 lbs, but on a tiny frame that is a lot). We worked with her doctors to improve the sleeping situation and the weight came off (within 2-3 months). The easiest & best piece of advice we got was to remove electronics from oldest's room 1 hr before she wanted to go to sleep. Our doctor said the light emitted from the laptop & cell phone can mess with circadian rhythms and hinder sleeping cycles. I hadn't known that weight gain can be a side effect to lack of sleep so it was a real "the more you know" moment.

I hope you are able to figure this out, sending good vibes your way.

Late to this - but agreeing with the others on professional medical advice. In particular look at her hormones.
Naturally - we will gain weight with puberty, everyone does, but added hormones (i.e. birth control) can cause major issues for a multitude of reasons. But for me - my body cannot process hormones, and that can be directly linked to weight gain & fatigue. Most MD's will dispute this and suggest BC is good for XYZ reasons (I hear it EVERY TIME I go to my family doctor - despite me saying no to it every single time). But I know first hand and dealing with my naturoropath - there were better & less artificial ways of dealing with the stress hormones were placing on my body, and believe it or not this was all controlled through diet (and zero pharmaceuticals).

Secondly, she could have food intolerance that are causing inflammation within her body - causing fatigue & weight gain - without your typical 'food intolerance' symptoms (GI-problems). Again, speaking from personal experience. My body was working "double time" to process the foods I was eating because I had mild intolerance to them. - But almost instantly after modifying my diet, along with my hormones regulating, my energy & digestion was almost completely resolved.

It is important to note - a good natropathic doctor is not AGAINST pharmaceuticals (and vaccines) - infact my natropath will actually encourage it when necessary. Why I think it is beneficial to see one over just an average family doctor is because she will try to find the route of a problem (ie. hormone regulation) and solve it with lifestyle modifications as opposed to masking it with pharmaceutical drugs, which I have personally found to be a practice for many MD's. Again - when necessary, prescriptions are given because not everything can be remedied with essential oils (LOL).

@kitkat I know you are relatively in my area from previous conversations. I would be happy to share with you the name of the Dr. I visit if you are interested. Send me a DM :)

I hope she starts to feel better. I was the same way at her age.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back