Food/Timing question before meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So - meet coming up this weekend, report time of 5:30. About an hour travel time to get there.

Can someone help me backtrack food for this? Her last afternoon/evening meet started late, then there were issues with the scores, so the awards were delayed. She was exhausted and starving by the time I got my hands back on her. This one is starting two hours later. She can NOT have food on the floor (I know some gyms allow a bit - cheese or something - in between rotations).

She's not a huge eater, but this meet is just at an awful time - dinner time AND bedtime will be covered!! (I'm literally taking PJs with us for her to change into before we drive home - I know she'll fall asleep!)

Tell the coaches she is 5 or 6 years old and needs to have food at X hour. Explain that you can either give them the food to give to her and supervise, or they can send her to you halfway through and you will give her the snack. You will have to try and be firm and make it appear like the decision is made that she will eat and these are the two choices for doing so.

Give her some food in the car on the way there. Nothing with too much liquid or salt. Probably a cheese stick or some peanut butter on bread.

Our experience is that I pack a power bar or some kid of snack like apples etc. in her gym bag that when the awards are being given out the girls usally quickly eat the snack just as the meet host are setting up the awards. Hope she has a wonderful meet :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back